Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warning Light On Control Panel

MichD

This light has just come up on my dashboard and I cant find anything about it in the handbook or on the internet - its the light just below the temperature guage - circle with light bulb

I have an avensis T4 D-40 2007

thanks

post-121051-0-88694000-1335946770_thumb.

Nothing to worry about. If you press that 'button' then all it does is change the light level of the instrument cluster and centre console. A change in display will happen and you will have 4 different levels to choose from. Only works though when your lights are on.

Thanks but Im not talking about the 'button' - its the symbol that has come on above the 'button'. the circle with the light bulb. I have adjusted the light level of the instrument cluster using the 'button' and the symbol doesnt alter at all. Its on constantly and doesnt change.

Sorry, I have never noticed that light to go on/off ever because it is meant to show that what the button means. Don't take this the wrong way but maybe you haven't noticed it before? I can't think of anything else, sorry

Thanks - I have an MOT on saturday - and I just dont want the car to fail. I appreciate your help

I've never seen that light but it looks like a speedo. Perhaps it's something to do with cruise control, like maybe a speed limiter set?

Thanks - I have an MOT on saturday - and I just dont want the car to fail. I appreciate your help

Don't worry, your car wouldn't fail on that point

Hi

It is to indicate that the panel. lights can be dimmed by twisting the control at the side of it, it is not a fault indicator.

It comes on when the panel display lights up, but being tucked away in the corner, it can be overlooked.