Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum Messages

Review Your Toyota

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Toyota now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crofter

Ebay - Ish

1 post in this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Central Locking button not working on Celica
      By Super_Red_Zach
      Hello,
      I know I have a problem with the key fob battery at the moment but the central lock button on the centre of the dash locks but doesn't unlock the car. Is there a switch problem or is this a fob problem? at the moment the fob locks but doesn't unlock and when i use the central locking keep I've got to move the child locks on the door and even then the passenger one doesn't work with that. I assume on the passenger I need a new actuator.
      Anyone know a fix to this?
      Thanks

• CAT/exhaust replacement for 03 petrol Avensis - OEM or not?
      By Christyt999
      Hi all - grateful for any advice on this.
      After service my non Toyota garage said my GS VVT-I hatch 1794cc 03 petrol Avensis had a small leak in join between the secondary (back?) CAT and back part of exhaust.
      They said the CAT and exhaust section looked corroded and would need replacing before long anyway and though I could probably get a weld for now, the job would need doing soon. They said it would be cheaper to do both together.
      There's no engine light coming on at this stage.
      They've quoted around £300 to fit an aftermarket CAT and £120 for a rear pipe - presumably not stainless steel.
      I've been reading that aftermarket CATs tend to be very shortlived. The car has been rock solid so far though oil consumption is high.
      It's quite an old car but I'd like to keep it going but the quandry is whether to go aftermarket or not? And if so, what brand of CAT would be the best option? I've heard Magna-something and in one forum EUROFLO was recommended.
      Can anyone advise what to do? Get a weld and soldier on until the engine light comes on and the exhaust falls off? Or bite the bullet now?
      Many thanks

• Time to let her go
      By flyboyagain
      Letting my '02 Celica go. She's needing a lot of work  - disc brakes and pipes and eventually a new clutch - and I'm not longer need a car for getting to work. Any ideas what I should be asking, price-wise? Not looking for a lot but don't particularly want to give the car away. 
    • unusual exhaust noise
      By roks
      Hi all,
      I filled up 3/4 with shell vpower before a day trip from London to Wellingborough, drove there and back after visiting several places in town, no issue. Next morning I started up and theres this tock tock noise from the back, I thought it was due to engine still cold, so went for a short drive now the noise was still there. 
      Then done a 20mile journey at various speed and its been making this loud noise all the way,  attached video hope you can hear the splattering noise.
      20160410_142203.mp4
      Could the petrol be the cause or is it the backbox or something more serious upstream. I know the engine sounds wee bit different when i used vpower in the past but nothing like this. 
      This video is of when I noticed it and after the short drive.
      20160410_122724_edit.mp4

• First Toyota =)
      By Samantha-Jane
      Hi,
      im Sam, 21 from Lincolnshire. I've just bought my first Toyota (2003 Celica (140)).
      cant wait to get it out on the road =)