Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Starlet Gt/glanza

starletsy

Hi guys just to make u all sick in the teeth i pay £850 quid a year fully comp on my starlet GT and i am only 20 with a year no claims :D i'm liking that :P

• 3 months later...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starletsr

• scutch0

• Hardy87

• AdDaMan

so is there anyone on here same age as me (27-28) as I`m just about to get myself a Glanza V and wondered what it would cost to insure.

I don`t like big cars so it seems one of the best buys around (especially when you import yourself)

• 1 month later...

I'm a 23 year old gal with a Starlet GT and have had my licence almost 2 years, I don't have any NCB and pay £600 Fully Comp through Admiral! I was pretty happy with that!

:D

• 1 month later...

Hi please could anyone help me, there is a glanza coming into the country soon and i would loveit but insurance is proving really difficult, my best quotes so far have been with elephant on a starlet GT as it doesnt have the glanza on there. How would i get about this, the only place that recognised the glanza was adrian flux and they quoted me £3400 3rd party.

Will it make a difference if i was to insure it under the starlet GT and just tell them its a facelift model (1996) as it only goes up to 1995 on the lists? So confused. Im 19 with 0 years ncb. Any advice or help?

• 2 weeks later...

im 17 and gettin a starlet GTturbo for my 18th and ive got a quote off adrian flux on my dads for £260 and thats with an up rated turbo and dump valve and intercooler moved behind bumper :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I'm 21 with 1 years no claims, and 1 accident. I've been quoted £765 tpft on a standard GT, or £1010 with a BOV, s/s exhaust system, air filter, fuel cut defender, alloys and a stripped out interior. The car will be kept on the road and both quotes had a CAT1 alarm. That was with a company called Highway (through another company).

Give the guys at Express Insurance a call.

• 2 weeks later...

im 17 and gettin a starlet GTturbo for my 18th and ive got a quote off adrian flux on my dads for £260 and thats with an up rated turbo and dump valve and intercooler moved behind bumper :thumbsup:

Geez that's a pretty damn good quote

Geez that's a pretty damn good quote

just remember you are not covered if they find out your the main driver of the car and not your dad.

not sure how they would find out tho' still a bleedin good quote. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Im 18, 1 year ncb. tpft £1348 on a 1994 starlet gt. just looking for quotes before buying starlet and thats my best so far. its with elephant btw. Are all starlet gt's limited to 112mph?

• 1 month later...

when i go on the insururance sites , none of them insurure glanza's ??

is there a different name or something for a glanza on the insurance websites ??

thanks

• 1 month later...

Iv just signed up as im looking to buy a glanza im 18 with 1 year's ncb i was looking at glanzas down in west yorkshire at the keighley trade centre and i asked about insurance and the fella sed that sum glanzas were registered as sr's and that i could insure them as one is this true or is he talking ***** ?.

• 1 month later...
Iv just signed up as im looking to buy a glanza im 18 with 1 year's ncb i was looking at glanzas down in west yorkshire at the keighley trade centre and i asked about insurance and the fella sed that sum glanzas were registered as sr's and that i could insure them as one is this true or is he talking ***** ?.

Also as above, 18,1 NCB,looking to get a glanza. but the insurance is boggling me!

cant seem to find a quote online for the GT/glanza.

help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i have been trying for a while to get a quote on a starlet glanza v i read out a random registration off pistonheads to norwich union and told me it was a 1.3 sportif. hows that stand legally? i wanna insure the car right! can i contact nowrich union somehow and get the car added to there system. also a know of any other companies that are decent? adrian flux are rip off merchants!

thats true. most imports are registered as simply toyota starlets 1345cc etc so first uk owner can register it as whatever they want but i want to insure my correctly! voiding insurance is not worth the hassle. write it off and your up ***** creak without a paddle!

• 3 months later...

my glanza is booked as a 1.3 toyota starlet although i told them it has a turbo they say they can not find the car and insured it as a 1.3 starlet but as a jap import. im 20 have no claims discounts and i ave 9 points for speeding and im 750 odds fully comp with marks and spencers:D happy days

I'm just renewing my insurance with Admiral. They count my car as group 10.

Last year I paid £604 and my next year will be £378, that's with 3 years NCB, 1 claim [which will expire in October] and 1 named driver. And I'm 22 and been driving for 5 years.

• 3 weeks later...

i tried www.performancedirect.co.uk., got the phone number from their website and rang them, they took my detials and got 5 or 6 insurance co's to call me back with quotes, they ranged from £850 tpf&t down to £312 with £100 excess, i'm 29 been driving for 6 years and have 4 years ncb, alot has to do with postcodes and if you've had quick/fast cars in the past too.

hope this helps.

chris

• 4 months later...

yiz dont know how easy you have it im from dublin and i cant get insured anywer! at dis point im jus gonna insure is as a 1.3 and hope i dont get nicked, any better ideas?

yiz dont know how easy you have it im from dublin and i cant get insured anywer! at dis point im jus gonna insure is as a 1.3 and hope i dont get nicked, any better ideas?

I certainly cannot recommend what you are planning on doing but from what I have gathered you are very restricted out in Ireland and a lot of people go down the same route. Quinn are the only modification friendly Irish insurer I know of.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

• 2 weeks later...

:o i have been driving just over a year and have got insurance with admiral in my own name fully comp for £604 a year and im only 21 :D

• 3 weeks later...

well lads im new here i was just wondering does anyone know how much it would be to insure me on a glanza-s on my fathers insurance? im 17 by the way..and live in ireland

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links