Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Petrol White Smoke Coming Of Exhaust

Tahir Swati

Hi,

I have got avensis 51 reg petrol. 1.8 vvti vermount. The engine managment light came on . local garage set it off and told me to do full service. I have done full service. Now after full service and driving car for 50 miles, the managment light is on again but now white smoke is coming out as well if I accelerate even in idle state.

Need help

thanks,

might be to much engine oil in,,,check your dip stick,,

White smoke on a petrol engine either a sign of water vapour or burning engine oil so keep a close eye on both oil and coolant levels.

Yes I checked the dip stick, and the engine oil is a bit on the higher site above the max level. I will keep an eye on it and keep posted if anything strange happens.

Thanks Guys.

Yes I checked the dip stick, and the engine oil is a bit on the higher site above the max level. I will keep an eye on it. I was just checking the exhaust and along with white smoke, some water drops coming out of it. What does it mean?

Thanks,

were you getting white smoke before the service,and did you do oil change,,,,think water coming from exhaust might be down to the cold like,,i might be wrong like,,,

All burnt hydocarbon fuels generate water vapour so it is not unusual to water droplets or steam during cold weather or when the exhaust system hasn't fully heated. If the problem continues after a good hot run then it may be due to coolant loss but this will be reflected in the loss of coolant in the engine.

The white smoke is excessive after the service because I have started noticing after the service only. The coolant level looks ok. Regarding the cold weather. I checked the car after driving for 50 miles and still it was coming out.

sounds like to much oil in,,

do you have timing belt or chain?

if belt - it might be late ignition timing and petrol vapors are being heated but not burnt after an exhaust stroke.

white smoke is other than an oil burning blue one.

cheers / Igor

It has got the chain. Also if driven local no engine mgt light comes up however if driven on motorway for about 30 to 40 miles, the light comes on. But its drive smootly without any problems.