Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing My Stereo To Aftermarket

bygraves92

Hi

I am looking at fitting an aftermarket single din head unit to my 53 yaris sr.http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-in-phase-ipx2_p-26514.htm

I want the unit to go at the bottom of the center console above the Ash tray. It looks possible to do as they area already has a din unit. however i have two issues with this

1. can i remove the standard unit but keep the display functions of the clock, MPG, AVG Speed and AVG MPG or do i loose all of this.if i remove the whole unit is there a casing i can put in its place.

2. if i put the unit in will it effect the electronic system of the car. my previous car sent 12v round when you locked it and because the standard stereo was not there it would only lock and unlock by key not fobs.

this is a site showing how to get it but not what to do if you still want it to work along side the new unit. http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=45

any knowledge or info

cheers

Ive just removed a single din cd player from a 54 plate yaris because im selling the car,i fitted it years ago and it did not effect the clock or mpg display,it just stopped displaying the radio station,i just left the old stereo in place as i could nt find a repalcement pod to replace whole radio.if you remove the rectangular plastic cubby above the ashtray itll fit in there no problem.

i never had any other electronic problems with the locks or any other of the part of the car.

When i fitted it i bought an aftermarket harness so i didnt have to cut any of the original car wires,just plug and play,made it a lot less hassle and it can be put back to original should you ever want to.

I had Halfords fit an aftermarket radio in the same way recently.

The cage mount that came with the unit wouldn't fit so it had to be screwed in directly, & the bezel around the front had to be removed.

This was done without much effort, the harness adaptors worked a treat.

I lost the use of my built in satnave but as the disc was years out of date & I'm not using a Tom-Tom it wasn't a real problem.

The other displays still work OK but not beep when resetting.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links