Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Seat Belts Rattling

Terence Hughes

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the rear seat belts ratting when the seats are down :(

Depending on the age of your car you'll either have little hangers on the top loop for the newer cars, or you'll have some slots in the plastic between the colours in the corners. These might also be on the newer models as well.

You could get extreme and add some extra stopper buttons to make the belts a bit longer on the bit that sticks out.

Fish

thanks dan , where do you get stopper buttons from

I've bought sticky pads for the rear belts. Put one (about the size of your fingernail) directly opposite the belt catch and works a treat. Plus if you make it small enough it goes unnoticeable

Hi Terry

The buttons are available ftom Toyota come in 2 halves and press together with pliers cost about £1.00 each. We use them on tje door seatbelts aswell so they return and dont get trapped in the door between the frame and the seat and are easy to grab

David

I think the slots intended to hold the belt pads work fine - why not use these?

BR

Jon

Mine always kept falling out due to having 35 profiles very bumpy at times.

David

I think the slots intended to hold the belt pads work fine - why not use these?

BR

Jon

I use the belt slots in the back of our car as the seats are -99% of the time- for luggage, however, when shifting stuff around in the back, shopping or whatever, it's possible to knock them out of the slot, or enough so that when you drive over your first bump of the day, they come out and, very annoying as you are aware, they rattle away on the plastic. The buttons David mentions are good, and they're so cheap from Mr. T. Bargain!

For people who want to use the buttons but are not sure how or where to fit them, all you have to do is let the seat belt retract naturally then taking the tab , pull it down so that it hangs and if swung about simulating bumpy road it doesnt tap on anything, then where the belt goes into the restraint , push the point of the pin through and push on the other side forming a disk and squeeze together with pliers crushing the pointed in. Sorted!!

David

For people who want to use the buttons but are not sure how or where to fit them, all you have to do is let the seat belt retract naturally then taking the tab , pull it down so that it hangs and if swung about simulating bumpy road it doesnt tap on anything, then where the belt goes into the restraint , push the point of the pin through and push on the other side forming a disk and squeeze together with pliers crushing the pointed in. Sorted!!

David

Can I just add here, that the Mr. T. spares guy I spoke to recommended heating the very sharp pointy bit instead of using pliers. He reckons that using pliers, it could just push the pointy bit over to one side and not squash, so not doing the job it was bought for. This little nugget of information however has stumped me so far, so have yet to fit them as I can't work out how I'm going to heat the pin enough to get it to seal properly. I have matches... but nothing I can use to heat them enough outside the house. Idea! Wait until there's a sunny day, grab a magnifying glass and...

David, when you did your's was it a no-brainer to use the pliers. I mean... hold the press! I just took one out of the packet and did a dry fit, obviously without the seatbelt between the two parts, and it looks like the pliers shouldn't be a problem, even for me to use, being a dumbass and a clutz. So David, you were saying...

:rolleyes::lol:

Well it did squash the spike evenly bit you could use a soldering iron on low temp. Say 150deg

David

I found two solutions for this rattling...both are the same with a different tool... just attaching the belt clipper to prevent it from moving and hitting the plastic pannel. I try with an elastic and a black string (it works but is uggly) and then I found these :

http://www.rueducommerce.fr/m/ps/mpid:MP-36245M7296471#moid:MO-FF660M11416377

I used the black ones wich are perfect color and size !

Aren't they sandwich bag clips?! Good idea though

Well assuming they fit the width of the belt. They look fine

David

Cool idea. Neat too as they are going to be out of sight in the back. You could even make a feature of them by using the Orange ones, made especially for those of you with Burnt Orange iQ's.

I' ve got them for a few months an they work well and did'nt make marks on the seatbelts... and I used the other ones to seal the crisps bag lol

i keep my seats down permanently and just found a velcro strip for about 20p around each belt does the trick , choose a black one and hayho you'd never know

Do you not have a clip built into the seatbelt hanger?

No those only come with newer releases of the iQ. To buy just that little clip on plastic cover you have to buy the whole sodding belt!

Fish

For me the belt studs work really well. But each to their own

David

I've resolved this by simply wedging the buckles into the slot where the belts come out of the plastic trim at the bottom of the rear quarter windows... ;)

See photo...

post-44702-0-96498600-1336828531_thumb.j

Dave

This is what I have in the back of my regular 1.0 iQ, as in not an iQ2 or 3. The slot situated on the right doesn't seem to hold the 'buckle' (metal part) belt as well as the one on the right for some reason, as this is the one that comes out far too easy.

Dash, that arrangement looks much better.

OMG! Dash, dude, I just realised what you have done there. Must have a go at that tomorrow. Was there a bit of cursing when you did it? I think there's going to be when I do, there usually is.

post-113536-0-32297600-1336857752_thumb.

post-113536-0-73786100-1336857764_thumb.

I just keep the seat belts done up whether the seats are up or down. No rattles at all.

Dash, that arrangement looks much better.

OMG! Dash, dude, I just realised what you have done there. Must have a go at that tomorrow. Was there a bit of cursing when you did it? I think there's going to be when I do, there usually is.

No cursing required, just wedge them in !!

Dave