Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Tns 510 Navigation System

MR IQ

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys i am having the same problem on TNS350 . Can you please send me the software on my email : Fadi_ismair@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ivan

I have sent bothe the Tns510 and Tns350 to your supplied Gmail account

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David

Hope you are well. I am also having  the same trouble with my Tns 510, radio and navigation isnt working but only a message display reading "a file cannot be read, consult local dealer".could you kindly assist by emailing the software.will be much appreciated. 

Kat.

Hi kat

can you pm me a email address that can receive 22mb of data like a gmail account andni will send you a file to get it working again

regards

david

Hi David,

Thank you for your response.I have sent you the email address you can use to send the file.

Kat.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David, I'm Andrea a new member of forum.

I'm already sent you a message to ask you the necessary file for the TNS350.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi David, I'm supaben a new member of forum.

I'm already sent you a message to ask you the necessary file for the TNS510.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi i am from Greece!i buy a used Tns 350 without sd map card and I see message consult to the dealer, help david... Thanks a lot.

Hi 996tt

i have just sent you the file and instructions

David

• 1 month later...

Hi David

Could you message me too

mpatel3251@gmail.com

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have a system desperately in need of loading.kwi... 

Lost the SD while the car was in the body shop for a month with a disconnected Battery, I can live without maps for a bit, but radio etc would be nice...

amaclachlan24 at gmail.com

TIA  :-)

On 2/3/2016 at 0:23 PM, tarquin said:

Hi kat

can you pm me a email address that can receive 22mb of data like a gmail account andni will send you a file to get it working again

regards

david

Hi David (or anyone else that has the file & can share it with me)

Can you please send me a copy? amaclachlan24 at gmail dotcom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all - and specifically David,.

I have a TNS510 in my '10 Avensis. A long time ago I/we lost the SD card, but the unit continued to work fine for radio and other functions - and we now use a Garmin for SatNav

However, recently I had to change the Battery and got the dreaded 'file cannot be read' message. I found *a* 'version' of loading.kwi and put it on a a FAT32 formatted SD, but all it does is flash up a quick 'reading file' message and then reverts to the 'consult to dealer' screen.

Is FAT32 the right format?
Does loading.kwi need to be written as a boot loader or something?
For how long should I disconnect the Battery to try to force the unit to re-load the boot file?
Are there different versions of the loader?

Sorry for all the questions - especially if they have been answered before. I have tried the suggestion in this thread, but still get the BSOD.
And half-life is hassling me so she can listen to the radio again...

Hi

the SD card shoud be formatted to fat32

the original card is 4gb. I know it works with 4gb or less. I think some have got away with 8gb. But it may depend on the firmware in the Tns510 if it will reconise a larger SD Card. The file i use is from a 2008 original Map SD card and may not work if the Sd card you had was newer 

To use

with ignition off put the SD card in and turn the ignition on to first position only and watch the screen. You should see a yellow progress bar. When it has finished, the radio and bluetooth should work again. If it did not work for you, you will have to buy a new Map SD card

regards

David

Hi David - looks like the bad news option.

However, before I spend money on something (that still may not work) can I check the file I have?
It's called loading.kwi and is 48,082,944 bytes. Does that sound correct?

Also, just to clarify, the units equipped with the SD map slot do not have a 'hidden' DVD, right?

Thanks, Alistair

Hi

the Loaging.kwi file should be 21mb for the tns510. That file you have seems too large. No there isnt a CD hidden away. It all runs from the SD card which is a 4gb  card. The Loading.kwi file is a UNIX file and is the operating system for the Tns510 and is not encrypted. The map data on the SD card is encrypted via the manufacturers serial number of the SD card so you cant simply copy another one. Where did you get the loading.kwi file you have. If you message me with a email address that can take 21mb like a gmail account i will send you mine

regards

David

Now back up and running! Thanks for the hints, David.

It was exciting to watch the yellow bar. (*SAD*)

• 1 month later...
On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 5:06 PM, tarquin said:

hi david please can you help me with my Toyota tns510 not booting up after disconnecting battery, on your posts it says i need loading kiwi file,your help would be really appreciated, this is first time im using a forum please do excuse me if i posted to the wrong section.thanks

Hi

send me a pm with an email address capable of receiving 23mb like a Gmail account and i will send you the file and instructions

David

On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 7:44 AM, tarquin said:

Excellent!!

David

hi. david thanks for the fast reply, i tried to pm you but it says your not accepting messages may because im a new user, you can send it to this mail address sajdabeggg@gmail.com thanks