Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Tns 510 Navigation System

MR IQ

OK! I'm looking forward :-)

Hello, David, I had exactly the same probleme than bapakrob can you help me?

Hello
Please help me. I took my Awensis of repair and on the radio display
TNS510 appeared the words "a program cannot be read".
I read that David has a great solution to this problem
If possible, please spreading this program and installation instructions
Thank you

Hi there

I take it that you don't have a SD map card. I can email you a file of the operating system that you need to put on a blank 4gb Sd Card. Place it in the TNS510 and switch ignition on first stage and a yellow progress bar will appear. When it finishes the radio will work as before. If you have the original map card, replace the card you made for the map card and your map will return

Pm me with an email address

David

Hello
Many thanks David
Radio revived
Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you please send me "magic" file too?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Mike

David can you add the file to the How To Guides as it is so popular :clap:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I did the same thing as bapakrob (quoted below).
And I also got the screen with a progression bar. But when that was done I also got a message that the SD card cannot be read.

Then I tried to use the original map card. On that card was nothing changed.
First everything seems fine...

But there is a problem, not all the streets are drawn on the map, and the system can't calculate the route to my destination.

The first step I will do tomorrow is detach the Battery from the car for 10 minutes. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Anybody else any idea what i can do?

David, i'm fairly new here and found this interesting thread.
I downloaded the latest Western Europe for the TNS510 and at first i did see a screen with a progression bar. But when that was done, the only message I get is that the SD card cannot be read.
I also tried with a second SD card with just the loading.wiki file on it (dated May 7 2010, 20.652 kb) but again, the card cannot be read.

I hope you can help me out as well, as you have been a life saver for many others here ;-)

Rob

Photo of my TSN510 in my Auris
http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads8/5419dffaba1b0/5419dffa5d562-WP_20140917_21_08_33_Pro.jpg

Hi
You cannot download a map for the TNS510 and put it on a SD card and use it. It won't work.
If you don't have a map SD card then you will have to buy one. Current UK price around £136.
If you have taken your car to the dealer for any reason and the dealer has dis-connected the Battery and your Tns510 doesn't work. This maybe because your Tns510 doesn't have a map card for reasons like, the car was sold to you without one.
The operating system is stored in the Tns510 but drops out when the Battery is disconnected. Now normally when the Battery is re-connected the Tns 510 boots up and looks at the map card and loads the operating system and makes the map data work. If your map card is missing then you dont have any operating system for your radio either hence the Tns510 is dead in the water. I have a solution for bringing those people's tns510's back to life. By putting the lost operating system back on a bootable SD card that the Tns510 can boot from. Some people have a map card with the same problem. This is because for various reasons the operating system has become corrupt ( usually if you try to start the car with a nearly dead battery and the operating system starts to load then crashes as the battery gives up. You can use my solution. Simply boot with my filel then replace it with your original map card.
You cant copy the map card as its encrypted with the card manufacturers serial number so a genuine map card has to be used for the map to work

David

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I disconnected the Battery and waited a little time to reconnect the Battery.

When the tsn510 was starting he loaded the operating system and now everything is functioning as before with the original card.

I learned my lesson and won't try it again to download a map from the internet.

Kind regards

Glad that helped Dieter. There is a file on the card called Loading.Kwi its best to keep a copy of that file. So if things go wrong then you can either copy it to a blank 4gb SD card and load from that then replace it with your map card or write over the file on your map card with the saved one

David

• 4 weeks later...

I did the same thing as dieter.b :(

Could you please send me the file too?

Many thanks in advance!

Hoschi

Can you pm me with an email address that can receive 21mb of data. Most can

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am new here, I have just bought an iq 2009 and lost my operating system.

This happened after the garage disconnected the Battery for longtime. Now a massage saying

Program cannot be read please consult a dealer. The system is tsn510. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Amir

Hi

If you pm me an email address that i can send a 21mb to then when you receive it put it on a blank 4gb SD card and put it in the Tns510 then switch the ignition to stage one only DO NOT START THE CAR. You woll see a yellow progress bar and when it finishes every thing will work again except the map data

David

Thank you so much David you are a star.

All up and running.

Thanks again

Amir

So glad. You don"t have to keep the SD card in the unit. Only needed if you disconnect the Battery or the Battery goes flat

David

• 3 months later...

Hello

I have a problem with TNS510.

Radio, Bluetoth, USB is working.

But there is a problem, the system can not navigate, gps location on the map is incorrect (gps location hangs, not navigate properly, location on the map changes abruptly)

The problem arose after reconnecting the Battery.

Sorry for my english (google translator)

Please help me.

Can anybody help me with this strange problem :( ?

Hi

Disconnect the Battery for 30mins then reconnect. If the problem is still there then the gps receiver under the dashboard is likely to be faulty. To access it first remove the Tns510 and the receiver is fitted on a shelf just under the dashboard

David

Hi,

Disconnecting the Battery for 30 minutes does not work.

The GPS receiver is working properly. In the hidden navigation menu geographical coordinates change properly with the moving car.

The problem is in the map. Location on the map changes incorrectly

Sorry for my english.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links