Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Me Just Got An Iq Woo Hoo :-D

Gordon in Angus

Hello, thought I'd pop in and say hi and introduce my self and the new car

Brand new iQ in Burnt Orange, with leather seats :-)

Hopefully the images will show up here now...

Gordon

post-121274-0-27145800-1336479990_thumb.

post-121274-0-43964300-1336479991_thumb.

post-121274-0-53714600-1336479992_thumb.

post-121274-0-45097600-1336479993_thumb.

Hi, car looks superb. You will love it!

Welcome to club iQ. Hope you find this place doesn't give you too many modifying idea's.

Fish

Car looks nice dude. Wish I had money for leather retrim!

I don't like leather but makes me wish I had gone for it on mine now . . .

Congratulations. Welcome to the forums, I know you'll like it here. The seats do add a nice appearance to the interior.

Thanks folks.

I confess it was the seats that sold the car to us. It really looked the business in the showroom with the iQ logo in orange on the headrests...

The Mrs and me had to wander off for a while and discuss the deal before signing, all I could do while in the showroom when the sales bloke was trying to explain the deal was sit and stare at it and think "Oooo, shiny little trinket, must have..." Couldn't think straight with it in front of me..... :in_love:

Naaaaice.... nice nice and nice indeed.... Green in envy.... ha ha

Welcome and very nice indeed, the seats really do compliment the colour. Enjoy your car and the forum :)

Mine did exactly the same. It called me and when i bought lt, , i didnt want to leave it there. I wanted it to come home with me. Like buying a cute puppy i guess. Yea i know. Lost it. Welcome Gordon

David

Hi Gordon, welcome to the best Toyota Forum. Us 'iQ'ers' are a nice bunch of helpful people, always willing to pass comment, wind, and suggest and show mods to our cars, no matter how small they may be, the mods that is. I love those seats, and I think they really set off that interior very well. The joy's of iQ ownership await you.

Welcome :D I'm quite an IQ newbie too! Loving your IQ...it definitely makes me wish I'd gone for leather interior too!

Very nice, but leather here, even with A/C, is not a good idea especially when the temperature hits 40c!

Welcome, love how your car looks.

We can forget the A/C this week i think. lol.

There is a chance you might get to try it in the snow tomorrow.

Have fun.

I am excited allready, i love snow driving.

(not sorry for being a big kid!!)

george

I'll have to take a photo of the back seats in leather too, they look just as good, sadly i had them folded up when I took the interior shots.

Thanks all for the welcome again... hope to bump in to some of you at some point.

Anyone else in here happen to be up in Aberdeen with a Burnt Orange iQ? I saw one on Monday morning at Bridge of Dee, SP12 reg I think it was, with the custom graphics wave stickers on the side and roof, I think they were trying to wave but they had gone past me before I realised they were there...

Do iQ folks wave at each other? Old Minis and old Land Rovers do, just wondering...

TTFN

They do in Fife in my experience, or at least they certainly wave back in recognition of being waved at.

I have always had "odd" cars like the IQ was when I bought mine originally, and have acknowledged other people of a like mind with the same type of car.

It doesn't do any harm, so why not!

John

I know what you mean John. We were in Shrewsbury Wednesday, and saw another fellow iQ driver, a bloke. As far as I know he didn't even notice us alongside him. If the horn wasn't so tinny I would have used it to get his attention, but he didn't seem like the type to appreciate the gesture, as far as I could tell. My wife blocked my view of him as we pulled away at the lights and turned right, so don't know where he went or if he even bothered to look at our car. Some people are clearly not bovvered, face, bovvered. I'm NOT BOVVERED!

Me too...I just want to wave to everyone I see in an IQ as I am still so made up with mine haha! I've seen 2 blue IQ's in the past few weeks quite regularly (one with a foreign plate) in the Liverpool area and neither even look across at me :( I will get them haha!

Most of the ones I've seen seem to be driven by grumpy old men not interested in even looking at you. I too have tried waving but no response.

The only one I did get a response from was a young lady driving a blue and green Tartan vinyl wrapped iQ! She gave me a nice smile but I haven't seen her since, Damn it!!! :)

Craig.

Same as Craig mostly. Did once come across a couple driving up the Old Kent Road, woman driving who wanted to race me for some reason. :)

Fish

Glad to hear there's some community spirit out there...

Oddly, since getting the car I keep seeking iQs now...

As promised here's what the back seats look like...

TTFN,

post-121274-0-44914400-1336741743_thumb.

Lovely. seat & seats

I will be certain to give you a wave, and you will probably wonder who that weird person is.

Lots of iQ's around Angus but not one ever let on that they spotted me driving another iQ.

Parked next to me there has never been the slightest bit of friendlyness or comaraderie from other iQ drivers, but maybe its just me that frightens them!!.

I think that the fact is of the several i see every day might not even notice someone crossing the road in front of them.

They need to go to Spec Savers possibly.

Very little different from Defender or even Series Land Rover drivers in Angus.

Saddly not really a wave at other drivers sort of place anymore.

george

So there i was a couple of weeks ago. I stopped in traffic a thete was a black iQ next to me in the traffic. It actually came along the drivers side. There were 2 girls in it. I could see out of the corner of my eye they were smiling and kinda trying to atract my attention. So i looked over and they wound the window down and so did i. " lovely car " they said "where you going" they aaked. " to a party i said. With grins as big as theiir faces they said in unison "Can we come". Oooo i was tempted but had to let them down. So there are benefits to owning one

David

So there i was a couple of weeks ago. I stopped in traffic a thete was a black iQ next to me in the traffic. It actually came along the drivers side. There were 2 girls in it. I could see out of the corner of my eye they were smiling and kinda trying to atract my attention. So i looked over and they wound the window down and so did i. " lovely car " they said "where you going" they aaked. " to a party i said. With grins as big as theiir faces they said in unison "Can we come". Oooo i was tempted but had to let them down. So there are benefits to owning one

David

Now then David. Think. What would have happened if they had followed you to the party? Hmmm?

Still, it's good to know that some people can be friendly. I flashed my lights at this woman once... but that's another story! That's not funny. She didn't even blink! Just deleted something I wrote as it may offend someone and get me in the clag. That's never good, clag sticks to your clothes and get's everywhere, like sand.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links