Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Gear

crofter

I confess to being a Top Gear fan, absolutely love it and never miss an episode if i can help it, even went to Top Gear Live last year at the Excel Center in London . :thumbsup:

Never laughed so much as when Clarkson repeatedly tipped the Robin Reliant over. On every bend and had to be righted again. Absolute stupidity, but also hilarious.

It is just three blokes pi55ing about, but who wouldn't swap places with them and be just as daft?

Also, the haters seem to know too much?! Perhaps they watch secretly so they can complain about the license fee.

Dave

It would hardly be relevant to comment on the program if you has not seen it, would you not agree?

There is one Clarkson book worth reading - "I know you got soul" which details the development of several inventions. The rest, you can find funny bits if you trawl.

I think Top Gear is an excuse for them to act like overgrown kids and the minute one of them promts the audience to laugh with the half cocked "that was funny, you can laugh now" face, it goes off. For that reason I seldom watch it for more than about 30 seconds.

5th Gear is much better.

There is one Clarkson book worth reading - "I know you got soul" which details the development of several inventions. The rest, you can find funny bits if you trawl.

I think Top Gear is an excuse for them to act like overgrown kids and the minute one of them promts the audience to laugh with the half cocked "that was funny, you can laugh now" face, it goes off. For that reason I seldom watch it for more than about 30 seconds.

5th Gear is much better.

Corrr I could kick the telly when 5th gear is on !! That berk with the beard is only surpassed by that skinny wee public schoolboy !!!

Back on topic ... Best Clarkson quote...

Painting callipers red is like putting a virjazzle on Cammila Parker Bowles.....

5th Gear is much better.

Corrr I could kick the telly when 5th gear is on !! That berk with the beard is only surpassed by that skinny wee public schoolboy !!!

Back on topic ... Best Clarkson quote...

Painting callipers red is like putting a virjazzle on Cammila Parker Bowles.....

Fifth Gear is an load of amateur b*ll*cks - but to each his own (as the man said whilst p1ss1ng into the wind).

I love the fact that JC is completely un-PC & winds up all the tree-hugging, lefty, environmentalist neo-commies. More importantly, the fact that Janet Street-Walker hates him so makes him top man as far as I'm concerned.

It's Seems those that don't watch Top Gear watch 5th Gear and vice versa......I find 5th Gear quite boring and dull myself.......

Where as Clarkson......Powerrrrrrrr!

"A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in,witchcraft happens and you go faster" :lol:

Its a great show but its so scripted now its taking anyone the entertainment value because you know what is coming all the time.

Its a great show but its so scripted now its taking anyone the entertainment value because you know what is coming all the time.

From what little I know there is very little on the box that is not so scripted,reheubikd and cut that it goes how they want it to and it is not unknown for the material to be broadcast after a time lapse to ensure that.

it is

Del

Edit= for goggledegook read practicising

Hmmm, some episode are funny, some are shoite, and some are fantastic. The North Pole Special, the 4X4 one in Chile, the African Safari one, the one where they went to Bethlehem, were all fantastic. I didn't enjoy the Indian episode as they weren't nearly as funny, or clever, as they thought they were.

I consider Clarkson something of an enigma, I can't stand him but I also find him funny! Some of his (scripted) comments are hilarious. I especially hate the episodes where Hammond acts like a naughty schoolboy and pulls that face that you'd love to smack. Oi, Hammond, you must be 42 if you're a day, act your age man! The one where the were supposed to do the car chases for the new Sweeny film was unbearably unfunny, I had to turn it off it was so bad!

James May? Meh, he's not too bad.

Hmmm, some episode are funny, some are shoite, and some are fantastic. The North Pole Special, the 4X4 one in Chile, the African Safari one, the one where they went to Bethlehem, were all fantastic. I didn't enjoy the Indian episode as they weren't nearly as funny, or clever, as they thought they were.

I consider Clarkson something of an enigma, I can't stand him but I also find him funny! Some of his (scripted) comments are hilarious. I especially hate the episodes where Hammond acts like a naughty schoolboy and pulls that face that you'd love to smack. Oi, Hammond, you must be 42 if you're a day, act your age man! The one where the were supposed to do the car chases for the new Sweeny film was unbearably unfunny, I had to turn it off it was so bad!

James May? Meh, he's not too bad.

I agree entirely. I love cars so am inclined to still watch but I certainly watch in spite of the presenters rather than for them.

I don't even know why I said I prefer 5th gear because I agree it is rubbish!!!!!

I don't like beardy or that zippy the girl presenter.

I don't even know why I said I prefer 5th gear because I agree it is rubbish!!!!!

I don't like beardy or that zippy the girl presenter.

I've met Vicky Butler Henderson.... Mate I tell You what can she drive.. We were on a track day at Cadwell park... She is a real comic and great fun.... She doesn't come over well on the box though...............

Aye, probably being a bit mean but she got on my nerves once at a test track by being rather loud.

No doubt she can drive, I've seen her do it.

"She doesn't come over well on the box though..."

Oooer! To many childish one liners... Fighting the urge to respond... Bursting!!!

5th gear all the time, can,t stand my near neighbour on Top Gear.But I can,t stick Mr Plato mainly because of his BTCC antics ( especially last season).

Regards Clare

Dont like Top Gear, don't like 5th Gear either really (the beardy block and that younger geezer seem to want to be Clarkson)

But ... I did like the TV Progam "Used Car Roadshow" with Penny Mallory (she did the Nicole and Papa driving in the TV ad), Jason Dawes (better then when he was on Top Gear)', and I think one other person?

Hoovie, the other presenter was Zoe Hardman. She used to take prospective buyers to car auctions to see if they could pick up the car they wanted on a set budget.

Your going back a bit there Dave!!!! Must be a decade since ITV did that show.Good whilst it lasted though.

Regards Clare