Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Rav 4 Thread

duncerduncs

With 'spy' shots of the 2013 Rav 4 on the internet (see below) I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread discussing the up coming model

2014-toyota-rav4-spy-shots_100388059_m.jpg

2014-toyota-rav4-spy-shots_100388051_m.jpg

2014-toyota-rav4-spy-shots_100388055_m.jpg

You can just about work out the lines of the car, looks like the new model has lost it's swing rear door but does it have a spare wheel? :lol:

Picture makes less sense than the old made up or Photoshop ones .....

Without a realistic picture and some facts and figures the subject is a non starter............. Sorry ..

The RAV is round the back. That is an Outlander!!!

it looks like murano

dislike it -- the rav spirit has lost at all :(

Don,t know about Outlander, Anchs, the new facelifted Outlander has a much rounder- curved front end. And that does look like the "New" cooperate Toyota front end ala Avensis.

Regards Clare

I agree with Anchs. The shape's all wrong and it's longer too.

Looks just like a tall Avensis. Can't put a full size spare on that rear door as the lights are high level.

It doesn't look rugged enough for me.

Still, won't be changing mine until it's got 200k on the clock.

Whatever it is, it looks pig-ugly. More old boot than current vogue for 'trainer'! Whatever happened to style and elegance? Presumably we need to look to Land Rover now for that... (ouch!)

Still, Toyota never did get the back end (or several other bits) of the Land Cruiser to look decent, even after many attempts.

For body styling, it's best to look not to the Japanese, but someone else . . . . Almost anyone else, for that matter.

How disappointing. Unless, of course, it's a wind-up.

C.

If that is the new Rav4, its worse than what i thought it would be.

I don't even like the new Land cruisers , the rough rugged appearance seems to have dissapeared from Toyota 4x4's. & SUV's

Its all curvy soft lines now,even though these vehicles can do 200'000 miles plus, they just don't look the part to me.

Mitshubishi have nailed it with the new Shogun...looks lovely,got rid of those curvy wheel arches....yuk.

Funny thing regarding the launch of Gen 4 of the Rav. When I was a regular on Rav4 world before I discovered the TOC Forums it was amazing regarding the run up to the 4.3 launch, how everybody hoped for something radically different to the 4.2. Well they certainly got something totally different and it was debatable whether it was liked or not. I personally think that Toyota have got a lot of catching up to do with the 4.4 version, they are well down in the pecking order with the current 4.3, but it remains to be seen what they have up their sleeve.

It would be interesting to find out where the photos where taken, from the number plates on the photos which are blanked it looks like Europe, but why would Toyota be testing a new car in Europe, surely it would be Japan?

Regards Clare

Maybe because they will soon have no electricity........ They're shutting down all the nuclear reactors for stress testing after the sunami.... :D

Might be really nice when the wraps come off. Keep an open mind.

It would be interesting to find out where the photos where taken, from the number plates on the photos which are blanked it looks like Europe, but why would Toyota be testing a new car in Europe, surely it would be Japan?

Looking at the background it is in the Netherlands - which is where the Outlander is (was?) made - it looks very like an Outlander to me too.

Yep correct there Tim,I thought it could have Germany, but I think you could be right.

regards Clare

Regards Clare

The photos were taken in Germany.

The reason? It is down to the new policy from Toyota to allow more input and quality control for new models from the regions they are being sold in. The face lift of the Avensis, new Auris and new RAV have/are being developed more by Toyota Europe.

Regards Clare

The photos were taken in Germany.

The reason? It is down to the new policy from Toyota to allow more input and quality control for new models from the regions they are being sold in. The face lift of the Avensis, new Auris and new RAV have/are being developed more by Toyota Europe.

Wonder if Toyota Europe will listen to what their Customers want though ?? IE a spare wheel ?? Bet they dont !!

What we could do is to compile a wish list and email it to them

What we could do is to compile a wish list and email it to them

Pretty much done that on three customer satisfaction surveys Don. Pointed at German marques in terms of interior finish and comfort features and refinements such as illuminated window switches etc. etc. Made a big thing of need for spare on a 4x4

Maybe others have done the same and they are startng to take heed. Who knows?

No doubt BMW will have some input..... We could all have what we've been wishing for :yes:

Thats not a bad idea we could pin it once we have enough suggestions and add to it.

Mine are:

Longer wheel base 7 seat version

3 litre diesel for us tow'ers with 7spd auto

Drop down rear dvd screen or rear head rest screen option

3x ISO fix points in rear

Spare wheel

Panoramic roof

HUD with revs mph and sat nav info

Sunroof front and rear

Rear air vents and ac controls

Rear camera

Draws under rear seats

Tonneau cover standard

Dog guard under £80

Auto dimming rear mirror std

Led bulbs all round

Centre console fridge

Cigarette/power outlet rear seats area

Full time 4wd option

Thats a long list for a sub £27k car! But I can see your points.

My wish list, or options I would like are....

A slightly bigger Rav, bridge between Rav and Landcruiser.

A separate Rugged/Active model with some better off road equipment. Low range box, full time 4x4 option etc, basically a mini-LC

Spare wheel option on tailgate.

A swing open tailgate as I like it.

Built-in Tomtom SD Card Satnav.

A 7/8 speed Auto that doesn't ramp up the emissions, mated to a slightly bigger Diesel engine and possibly a V6 Diesel?

7 year Warranty. If KIA can do it, the worlds foremost Japanese car maker can.

The Kia warranty isn't all it seems. It comes with several exclusions with different expiry dates for the Battery and exhaust etc. Only the major items like engine and drivetrain get the 7 years and if push comes to shove, Toyota do that anyway.

I think I prefer an up and over door but a wheel of some kind would be welcome. I throw one in the boot for long journies and can live with that.

I would like better switch illumination and I suppose we can expect a more comprehensive audio system like T&G anyway.

I like the current engine but stop and go would bring the emmissions down.

Problem with all the requested kit above is would then become a Landcruiser ??

All I want from a car that size is the Options...... If I want full leather or a sunroof or even the seemingly ridiculous option of a spare wheel and I am prepared to pay for it where is the problem ??

XT5s ect had a nice wheel rack on the back ? T180 has full leather and a sunroof ??

OK OK I realise not everyone wants a roof and air con but I flaming well do and if It means buying a different make then so be it......

So Toyota Europe are listening to Their customers and will give Us what We want or at least the EXPENSIVE options ??? Yer right....................

Anchs is right those Kia warrantys are crap !!

I imagine the engine in the new Rav will have "made by BMW" or "power by BMW" stamped on it somewhere... :unsure:

I imagine the engine in the new Rav will have "made by BMW" or "power by BMW" stamped on it somewhere... :unsure:

You wont be able to tell its a BMW unit, it will have Toyota plastered all over it......