Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Rav 4 Thread

duncerduncs

Thats not a bad idea we could pin it once we have enough suggestions and add to it.

Mine are:

Longer wheel base 7 seat version

3 litre diesel for us tow'ers with 7spd auto

Drop down rear dvd screen or rear head rest screen option

3x ISO fix points in rear

Spare wheel

Panoramic roof

HUD with revs mph and sat nav info

Sunroof front and rear

Rear air vents and ac controls

Rear camera

Draws under rear seats

Tonneau cover standard

Dog guard under £80

Auto dimming rear mirror std

Led bulbs all round

Centre console fridge

Cigarette/power outlet rear seats area

Full time 4wd option

Apart from the HUD & panoramic roof, you can have all this (& a bit more) in an LC5, plus a lot more space than in a RAV. But you'll pay a bit more for it!

Just out of interest how would the dual sunroofs work in a panoramic roof - I'd have thought you'd have one or the other?

But an LC5 is too big you need something inbetween that looks pretty an have 7 seats (LC5's are very ugly). The BMW tourers have an uber long sun roof that is almost panoramic and splits in the middle so front an rear can pop up or fully retract. But an option of one or the other would be a good start.

Also add led door handle, door edge open warning lights, an under door lights would look boss too.

Well the spec is derived by TGB. The only have to tell the factory what to build and they will build it. The trouble is that everything seem to be driven by emmission law and that means less weight. Come on TGB, drop the barriers a little bit and let us decide what we want. I personally prefer brighter interiors than black and we all want some sort of spare wheel.

You can give us a sunroof and we will be prepared to pay a bit more and a bit more tax if a few kilos dictates it. Never mind rationalising the range, listen to your customers. You wouldn't last 5 minutes with the yanks.

Well the spec is derived by TGB. The only have to tell the factory what to build and they will build it. The trouble is that everything seem to be driven by emmission law and that means less weight. Come on TGB, drop the barriers a little bit and let us decide what we want. I personally prefer brighter interiors than black and we all want some sort of spare wheel.

You can give us a sunroof and we will be prepared to pay a bit more and a bit more tax if a few kilos dictates it. Never mind rationalising the range, listen to your customers. You wouldn't last 5 minutes with the yanks.

Funnily enough Toyota do seem to listen to the US consumers. RAV-4 over there are much better optioned than in EU with things like 7-seats, keyless go (for a long time), etc. It may be that the EU SUV market isn't big enough to justify the costs involved in providing myriad options and the stocks to go with them. Toyota seem to be on to a good thing with the Yaris & Aygo both being built in EU for local markets. Although margins get smaller with the size of the car, if you can knock out enough of them (& get some traditional European marques to pay the royalties for badging them as well) then you can make enough profit to keep it all worthwhile. Let's face it, small car demand is growing and that's where the effort is going.

Problem with all the requested kit above is would then become a Landcruiser ??

All I want from a car that size is the Options...... If I want full leather or a sunroof or even the seemingly ridiculous option of a spare wheel and I am prepared to pay for it where is the problem ??

XT5s ect had a nice wheel rack on the back ? T180 has full leather and a sunroof ??

OK OK I realise not everyone wants a roof and air con but I flaming well do and if It means buying a different make then so be it......

So Toyota Europe are listening to Their customers and will give Us what We want or at least the EXPENSIVE options ??? Yer right....................

Anchs is right those Kia warrantys are crap !!

The xt5 is a t180 with a tyre on the back (but without the extra power and those bl00dy run flats!).

It is not Germany, it is Holland. See Dutch numberplates in background of second photo, plus sign in Dutch and a Dutch postbox in the background of the third photo.

I really think that it is an Outlander. Interesting conversation, but based on a false starting point.

Sheeesh.....

I really think that it is an Outlander. Interesting conversation, but based on a false starting point.

Have you emailed these two websites to tell them they are wrong? :lol:

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2013-toyota-rav4-spy-photos-future-cars

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/10/are-you-the-next-toyota-rav4/

Most 'spy' shots aren't taken by accident...

This thread like all the others of this nature are pure speculation.... We don't even know if that car is a Toyota or what the heck it is ....

When and IF Toyota decide the old model doesn't cut the mustard any more and decide to listen to their Customers and launch a new model then its time to take a close look ...........................................

It is defo a RAV. My reference to an Outlander was a joke based on the shape. However, you cannot make comparisons based on the looks while it is in drag. The design team will play a part in doing that and they are skilled at making it look different. To me it looks like those wheel arches are pieces of card under the vinyl and they can make you think there are rear quarter lights when there are none. It does appear to have the family front and rear lights similar to the new Yaris. As I said right at the start, it may look quite pleasing when all that clobber comes off.

I recently spoke to a sales official in a very large US dealer and he confirmed they are awaiting the new RAV in Spring 2013. THeir current RAVs are now being built in Canada so assuming ours will still come from Japan there may be some slight differences in production dates. I think we can expect to see some official pictures soon.

Like I said, interesting topic, might be a RAV and if so I quite like the front, much nicer than the current EV one!

Definately Holland though, but the location of shots is sometimes misreported to protect the sources within the car company. I just find it annoying to see something so obvious as signs in Dutch and then all the comments relate to Germany...but hey that's just me!

The important thing is the good banter and ideas from most people, as I said originally. Always good to read what you lot think! :-)

I recently spoke to a sales official in a very large US dealer and he confirmed they are awaiting the new RAV in Spring 2013. THeir current RAVs are now being built in Canada so assuming ours will still come from Japan there may be some slight differences in production dates. I think we can expect to see some official pictures soon.

I had a similar conversation last month with the area head of a major dealer network (one that Toyota GB themselves have put money into!) He said to expect the car "on a 13 plate" which would point to sales starting after March. He also said that there will be a six month gap in production between old and new models.

Cheap 4.3.5s for sale then!