Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Protect New Paint

scar

Hi readers, whilst my Rav4 mk3 petrol is steadily plodding on my daughters yaris 1.0gs has reached the end of useful life. She has gone for a new Aygo in solid white. Dad (me) would like to protect the paint work because it only gets a wash and brush up when she comes home. To make my job a bit easier I started looking on line for the best/easy to apply wax. Now thats like opening up a beehive, what a subject !

Please direct me to a wax suitable for a new car that does'nt cost a arm and a leg. If there is a thread on the subject I have been unable find please let me know.

Some might say this belongs in the Aygo forum but I find the Rav4 owners generally have the most informative members input.

Regards Steve. C.

Well Steve, Charlie is the resident expert on waxes and detailing but, personally, I have found Autoglym High definition wax [carnauba based] to be cost effective and easy to apply by hand. Lasts for ages, gives a high shine and water beads off to the extent that I have to use the wipers when it cascades over the screen.

This Topic has been moved from the RAV Forum to the CAR CARE AND detailing Forum

This is because the Topic Title is non vehicle specific and refers to protection of new paint

A link to this forum was attached to the original post :)

For best protection its best to apply a sealant which will last longer and gives better protection than wax.

AF Tough Coat is very good easy to apply spray sealant which costs around £20 and lasts ages giving a lovely watersheeting finish which is well thought of on detailing World forum

http://www.autofinesse.co.uk/products/waxes-and-sealant/tough-coat/

Hi readers, whilst my Rav4 mk3 petrol is steadily plodding on my daughters yaris 1.0gs has reached the end of useful life. She has gone for a new Aygo in solid white. Dad (me) would like to protect the paint work because it only gets a wash and brush up when she comes home. To make my job a bit easier I started looking on line for the best/easy to apply wax. Now thats like opening up a beehive, what a subject !

Please direct me to a wax suitable for a new car that does'nt cost a arm and a leg. If there is a thread on the subject I have been unable find please let me know.

Some might say this belongs in the Aygo forum but I find the Rav4 owners generally have the most informative members input.

Regards Steve. C.

I prefer wax to sealant, my personal taste. I'd choose Swisswax Best of Show if it was my new car.

Please direct me to a wax suitable for a new car that does'nt cost a arm and a leg.

I'd choose Swisswax Best of Show if it was my new car.

Err em ! :D

FK1000P is a fantastic wax sealant, beads nicely and lasts for aaaaages. I use it on white wheels on my other car and they can go ages without a wash before getting a quick pressure hose blast to take the muck off.

If you can't get that (it's pretty scarce atm), then alternatively theres SP1000P which is about £15.99 a tub and is exactly the same product but different label. Google - serious performance car care.