Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Valve

frankie406

Hi can any1 tell me has the egr valve has to be re-learned to the ecu after taking it out and cleaning it?

Hi can any1 tell me has the egr valve has to be re-learned to the ecu after taking it out and cleaning it?

hi matey

the EGR is an executor unit only having signal from ECU. The working method is like bypass valve passing gases partly into the engine for emission control reasons. EGR either works (its stem shifted or not) or stuck due to carbon deposits clogging its stem.

Cleaning procedure is simple to remove all deposits enabling gas passing holes be clean. regards/Igor

Thanx igor was just wonderin if it had to be relearned again.it looks an easy job to do..my mpg has dropped alot im only gettin 38mpg thats bad for a diesel.

hi Matey

check with this link --http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106241&view=963979

you might to have a bit other design but the way is simple. Just be like a surgeon and good luck

regards / Igor

Hi guys haven't been on for a while but I wonder if someone like cabcurtains can help. The carb cleaner part of the EGR clean can WD40 be used instead or is that a silly question?

Hi guys haven't been on for a while but I wonder if someone like cabcurtains can help. The carb cleaner part of the EGR clean can WD40 be used instead or is that a silly question?

WD40 leaves a thin veneer on things, a bit like a polish. That's why you can use it to stop things squeaking and they stay not squeaky even after the WD40 has dried. So I think that would be a bit risky. Carb cleaner isn't expensive anyway - £7ish.

Ok checked out local Halfords and it was about that price

Cheers jifl

Well EGR has been cleaned got carb cleaner in Sparesworld for a fiver, it was pretty coked up tbh. Have taken a photo preclean but for some reason my PC has suddenly decided it doesn't like my Galaxy S2 phone so I'll add that later. I can see why garages charge to do this as it is a dirty old job. I can't seem to get it as pristine as the guide photos show but I've just run it on the motorway from where I live, nr J45 M4, to local Tesco's down to Pont Abraham services and back home

First thing I noticed was it seems to be pulling better the economy side of things will need a longer period to see if it does make a difference

PS Looks like I've had a technical hitch with the picture as in it hasn't come out so apologies on that one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links