• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Wilks

Peter Wilks

• Member via FB
  • 10 posts
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 2.0 D4-D T3-X Tourer

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

The engine is a 1AD-FTV, does it have a separate wastegate or is it part of the vane actuator? I've got an intermittent boost problem which sounds like a hole in the boost pipe but ive checked all the pipes and they are ok, i was thinking could a wastegate be sticking and causing this air leak sound? or the turbo not boosting enough?

Pete

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 igormus

igormus

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: RAV-4 ,2007 (2.0 ltr petrol auto)

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

The engine is a 1AD-FTV, does it have a separate wastegate or is it part of the vane actuator? I've got an intermittent boost problem which sounds like a hole in the boost pipe but ive checked all the pipes and they are ok, i was thinking could a wastegate be sticking and causing this air leak sound? or the turbo not boosting enough?

Pete

hi Pete
what are your usual observations -- how does engine start ? any smoke exhaust? check with tail pipe condition -- deposits covered inside ? Check with flexibility of all vanes drive especially how do they rotate on each vane axis ? regards / Igor

#3 toyota diag tech 1

toyota diag tech 1

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • First Name:kev
  • Toyota Model: avensis
  • Year: 2012

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Pete

#4 toyota diag tech 1

toyota diag tech 1

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • First Name:kev
  • Toyota Model: avensis
  • Year: 2012

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi your turbo is vn type which doesnt use a conventioal wastegate .the ad engines are prone to leak in the charged air side of turbo .check the short tube at intake shutter ( t body )while somone boosts turbo by accelerating .they generally leak there also pipes pop off partially at intercooler and leak under boost at extreme loads

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users