Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo Wastegate?

Peter Wilks

The engine is a 1AD-FTV, does it have a separate wastegate or is it part of the vane actuator? I've got an intermittent boost problem which sounds like a hole in the boost pipe but ive checked all the pipes and they are ok, i was thinking could a wastegate be sticking and causing this air leak sound? or the turbo not boosting enough?

Pete

The engine is a 1AD-FTV, does it have a separate wastegate or is it part of the vane actuator? I've got an intermittent boost problem which sounds like a hole in the boost pipe but ive checked all the pipes and they are ok, i was thinking could a wastegate be sticking and causing this air leak sound? or the turbo not boosting enough?

Pete

hi Pete

what are your usual observations -- how does engine start ? any smoke exhaust? check with tail pipe condition -- deposits covered inside ? Check with flexibility of all vanes drive especially how do they rotate on each vane axis ? regards / Igor

Pete

Hi your turbo is vn type which doesnt use a conventioal wastegate .the ad engines are prone to leak in the charged air side of turbo .check the short tube at intake shutter ( t body )while somone boosts turbo by accelerating .they generally leak there also pipes pop off partially at intercooler and leak under boost at extreme loads

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links