Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxy Sensor

Alan Morgan

Well it's finally happened, my Avensis needs a rear oxy sensor. After being quoted almost £160 just to supply the part by my local dealer I went straight to eBay!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone used the non genuine (universal) sensors that are available and are they any good? The main reason I'm asking is that they are about half the price of the used ones from breakers yards?

Well it's finally happened, my Avensis needs a rear oxy sensor. After being quoted almost £160 just to supply the part by my local dealer I went straight to EBAY!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone used the non genuine (universal) sensors that are available and are they any good? The main reason I'm asking is that they are about half the price of the used ones from breakers yards?

Hello Alan, I would always go with a Denso 02 sensor as fitted by Toyota here's one brand new for £80.00 at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVENSIS-1-8-VVTI-LAMBDA-SENSOR-DENSO-89465-20800-/330342752272?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ce9f66010

Regards Pete.

Well it's finally happened, my Avensis needs a rear oxy sensor. After being quoted almost £160 just to supply the part by my local dealer I went straight to EBAY!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Alan, I would always go with a Denso 02 sensor as fitted by Toyota here's one brand new for £80.00 at

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ce9f66010

Regards Pete.

That is one of the front 2 sensors.

Thanks for that guys, I've spent a few hours today trawling the net and on the phone and have found a New Denso at £55 +£5.99 postage. The warning light appeared after I replaced the Battery but I noticed no difference in performance when the light was on and kept "erasing" the fault memory by disconnecting the Battery for 30 mins. The light would then come back on after about 2 miles. I bit the bullet and bought a cheap code reader off eBay and read then erased the code. Now typically the light has stayed off (so far) and I'm reluctant to replace the sensor until it comes back on! ;)

I paid £16.99 for the reader (approx £35 cheaper than a trip to a dealer to have it read for me) and I can't believe how good it is! Anyone that likes to do their own repairs should buy one, great piece of kit and fantastic value for money!

Hi Alan,

Glad you have had some joy and massive savings here. I was wondering do you or anyone know the exact location of the sensors? I have got codes P0136(bank 1 sensor 2) and also P0156(bank 2 sensor 2). As I stand in front of the bonnet facing the engine, I can see two(one short & one long one) to my left and two(one short & one long one) to my right. Which ones should I be replacing? Also can the Internet shops use the VIN to identify the type(short or long)? I have 03 reg atomatic 2 litre avensis T- spirit if that helps.

Also do the ones from scrap yards last long at all? Sorry about too many questions, just need to get this right.

Thanks!

Prof

Hey Prof, If you ring up some of the companies selling new sensors on eBay and give them your reg or vin no, they will find the right part for you, I found a new one that was cheaper than the used ones from the breakers!

I was lucky, I found an avensis in a scrappy 2 years ago and i asked the guy how much for the two sensors and he gave me the pair for £5.00, c ouldnt believe it, took ten minutes to swap over then reset EML and the lights never came back on. :clap: :clap:

I was lucky, I found an avensis in a scrappy 2 years ago and i asked the guy how much for the two sensors and he gave me the pair for £5.00, c ouldnt believe it, took ten minutes to swap over then reset EML and the lights never came back on. :clap: :clap:

If my mil light comes back on I may try that first! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links