Do Not Sell My Personal Information

110'000 Mile Service

rambler

Just rang my local inde garage.....intermediate service,oil & oil filter changed,air con filter inspected...all in....£179.00 and he's within a 10 min walk of home.

He does the work all himself,or his dad....known them for years.

Colchester Toyota same as above.......all in £140 ! !

Main dealer.....cheaper ! !

And book is stamped with all important Toyota stamp ....ha.!

Just rang my local inde garage.....intermediate service,oil & oil filter changed,air con filter inspected...all in....£179.00 and he's within a 10 min walk of home. He does the work all himself,or his dad....known them for years. Colchester Toyota same as above.......all in £140 ! ! Main dealer.....cheaper ! ! And book is stamped with all important Toyota stamp ....ha.!

Difficult choice Jamie eh ? :D

Pffff At those prices he should move and set up a garage in Sweden!

A

You could do it yourself for 30 quid mate.....

Aww thanks charlie,used to years ago ( again when i was a boy racer ha ha )

These days......crikey...cant even find the sump plug ! !....although....hmmmm

Jamie. The cost of the interim service at 140 quid is one heck off a lot of money for what is in reality an oil and filter change.....

This is a very easy job to do...

All they do in addition is a visual check of the vehicle.. This You as a Toyota Owner can get done absolutely free at any Toyota dealer in the UK on Any Toyota. They will even wash and vac the car FREE within that operation....

So setting aside 30 quid for oil and a filter the Labour charge for 30 minutes work (Dealer) or an easy hour for You is 110 nicker....

With respect You car and My one for that matter will not be worth a penny coin more for having a Toyota stamp in the book....

PM Me if You want a stamp in the book. Send it to Me and I will get it done no problems......

So if I bring my rav to Toyota they'll wash and Hoover it for free?

What do I have to say?

What do I have to say?

Yes if they carry out the FREE VSR ( Visual Safety Report) they will valet the car for free at the same time...

This is a service that is subsidised by Toyota and the Dealer as they hope it will lead to some business if they find anything wrong with the vehicle...

Its a service open to any owner of any Toyota and of any age..........

Could be a good thing to get done whe taking a prospective purchase for a test drive. Would you need to prove ownership or show any documents?

Rambles,

I serviced my Rav a while back, first time I've EVER serviced a car. Used the guides on here, it was a piece of cake. There's no excuses, I was only a couple weeks off crutches following an operation at the time, so not physically demanding.

Doing all the additional checks is a great way to get to know your Rav and the satisfaction (not to mention for-said £110 saving) is immense.

I will be paying Toyota for future full services, as that is beyond me. That will also give peace of mind that all's safe. But the intermediates I will always do from myself from now on.

Dave

PS consider myself part of the younger representation on the site, but bit older than you!

Re "potential" love interest- go for it! (but don't change the Rav at all!)

With respect You car and My one for that matter will not be worth a penny coin more for having a Toyota stamp in the book....

PM Me if You want a stamp in the book. Send it to Me and I will get it done no problems......

I hope that you are not suggesting anything illegal or fraudulent there Charlie........

Obtaining fraudulent serviceing stamps can potentially land an owner in deep mire!

(And cannot be condoned on TOC)

What do I have to say?

Exclusions. Offer not available to anyone who slags off any dealer of any description, for anything, at any time, past or present, or for aliens wanting anything for nowt ;)

Think that covers you Jedi?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yes if they carry out the FREE VSR ( Visual Safety Report) they will valet the car for free at the same time...

This is a service that is subsidised by Toyota and the Dealer as they hope it will lead to some business if they find anything wrong with the vehicle...

ALL Toyota dealers offer a FREE VSR, but it is NOT subsidised by Toyota and a valet is not part of it, UNLESS your dealer wants to offer it in addition

What do I have to say?

Exclusions. Offer not available to anyone who slags off any dealer of any description, for anything, at any time, past or present, or for aliens wanting anything for nowt ;)

Think that covers you Jedi?

I was just going to see what crap they would have come out with, and what they would try to sell me that wasn't needed, as for the free valet, at your own risk.....some kid with a grit filled sponge marking your paintwork :yes:......I think I will try it now, pretend I don't know what a wheel is etc........and watch the £ signs light up in there eyes......might even record the whole episode on me phone Donald macintyre style... :lol: do you offer this free vsr kingo?

As above Jedi, ALL dealers offer a FREE VSR, but a free valet is NOT part of the VSR

Remember, it is only a VISUAL look at the car, wheels are not removed or anything and should highlight any SAFETY issues like worn tyres, bushes, pads and the like. It is not a service where for instance wheels are removed

I hope that you are not suggesting anything illegal or fraudulent there Charlie........

Obtaining fraudulent serviceing stamps can potentially land an owner in deep mire!

(And cannot be condoned on TOC)

What Me ?? Bend the rules to help a Mate out ??? No never. never never never..........................................................