Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Radio Removal

blinke

Hello, I have a Starlet 98, there seems to be no manuals available to aid me in the changing of the cassette deck, I was hoping someone could help me.

Regards

Bill

• 1 month later...

I've just done mine on a 98 Starlet. The stereo is a VERY (almost too) good fit in the Starlet and will require a little persistence. You'll just need a Philips screwdriver.

Remove the 2 screws from just above the Hazard/Fog buttons on the Centre console. This will allow you to pop off the plastic and give you much more room to work.

Depending on how much wiring you want to change you may also want to take the screws out of the side of the console nearer the footwell, to allow you to get your hands round the back more easily.

At this stage you can begin wiggling the stereo out but expect a few small cuts and the odd broken nail! What I did was remove the "bracket" thing which holds the stereo and the "blanker" below it in place. There are 4 screws - 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom. Remove that and the whole thing will easily slide out.

Hope that makes some sense.

By the way, you'll need an ISO adapter if you want to connect most aftermarket stereos. Search eBay for one and you can order from a company called Liquidice for about £2.50 delivered.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links