Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying Rattle

Tam Bam Magnet Dougal

just got a w plate avensis last night...runs n drives great...except i got a rather f****** annoying rattle coming from roundabouts the tailgate area....sounds kinda like a glass noise...might be wrong..a tinny noise/!Removed!...have checked right round the tailgate glass but all seems ok...

anybody any ideas ?

cheers guys

There should be an adjustable rubber bumpstop on each bottom corner of the tailgate. Try winding them out a little and see if that helps. Also if the tailgate trim has ever been removed, check for old or broken plastic clips inside of the tailgate. ;)

There should be an adjustable rubber bumpstop on each bottom corner of the tailgate. Try winding them out a little and see if that helps. Also if the tailgate trim has ever been removed, check for old or broken plastic clips inside of the tailgate. ;)

ah right got you alan...will check it in morning mate...before i throw a bucket of soapy water oer it lol

cheers mate :thumbsup:

The backbox heatshield may be loose?

The backbox heatshield may be loose?

sounds higher than that mate..to me sounds about passenger corner of tailgate..will check it in morning anyways and report back

cheers peeps ;)

just in n knackered...too warm here...pure melting material lol

had a good gander at this today...the rubbers on the bottom of the tailgate dont screw out...other rubbers under tailgate..just above the rear lights...passenger side is suspect as when i push tailgate corner at passenger side it goes down a bit....driver side is ok...so tried do a bit of adjustment on passenger side...cant really tell if its worked..will hit a bumpy road tomorrow as just gave it a good scrub and it come up not too bad...

the rubber buffers just above the rear lights...on tailgate....can you buy these ? if so what the "techincal" name lol

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I had a maddening rattle which appeared to come from inside the roof. Totally wrong.. I had occasion to change petrol tank due to little old LEAK. I found the rattle in the process. The two clips that retain the petrol tank breather pipe (not the rubber vent pipe) had brocken due to plastic brittalisation.

I used most of the old clips and tie wrapped to new tank.

Hope this is of use to you.

You will find the pipe between rear subframe and petrol tank rear.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links