• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Wakefield

Sam Wakefield

• Member via FB
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi,

I had my air con recharged last year. this year the AC doesn't work at all - there isn't the noticeable dip in engine revs when the button is pushed!
Someone suggested it could be the fuse - I think I have located this as no 14 on fuse box 1 - but I can't locate the fuse box under the panel on the RHS, drivers side. I can find a panel with the fuse references on it and there is a black box with a terminal plug going into it but it's not easy to open so not sure if it should be opened! I'd like to rule out the fuse if nothing else.

The light for the AC does come on, but it was suggested it could still be the fuse! should I pay for the recharge and hope that if there is actually a leak it is found? Can anyone suggest the most cost-effective way of figuring out whats wrong without paying for the recharge which is likely to be a waste of time but probably cheaper then a diagnostics anyway.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Konrad C

Konrad C

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • First Name:Konrad
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 1.8 GLS
  • Year: 1998

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hi Sam,

As a guess, your aircon seals may have shrunk letting the gas leak out. The reason is from lack of use! You state that you used it last year, so the system was off for a long time.

It is best to run it every so often so the gasses lubricate the seals. I even use the aircon to demist the windows during the winter.

If the fuses are intact then you do have a leak. The system has a sensor which stops the pump from switching on when there is lack of gas.

One other thing Sam. You don't state the age of the car, though it does not matter in this case.

Good luck.

#3 JayEmAye

JayEmAye

• Registered Member
  • 9 posts
  • First Name:Jon
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Avensis
  • Year: 1998

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

I have something very similar - light flashes, fully gassed, compressor appears to come on (engine responds) but various servicings have reported leaks, though not properly. One garage said it could be the compressor not working fully and if so would be £400 odd quid for new pump (car is 14 yrs old). Is there any way of getting a decent diagnosis of the fault anywhere? ATB.

#4 jboy

jboy

• Member via FB
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:john
  • Toyota Model: avensis
  • Year: 2004

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

is there a fuse for blower if so where is it

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: air con t3-s, fuse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users