Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 1.6L Engine Chugging When Accelerating

toffo

Hi all,

I bought my first Toyota last week, Avensis 1.6L, second hand a 2008 model, with 32,000km on the clock, nice car. I have two issues I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

After I took it from the garage I noticed that there the engine chugged when I accelerated uphill (I didn't put my foot to the floor, just regular acceleration), then it stopped. When I reached 100km/h on the motorway the chugging got a lot worse. There seemed to be a lot of vibration from the accelerator pedal and sterring wheel, my leg vibrated a lot.

I brought the car back to the garage, they rebalanced the wheels, this helped but it didn't solve the problem completely. The chugging is still there, not as bad as before but still there all the same. The car is still chugging albeit slightly but enough to have me concerned. My guess is that it's not a wheel balance problem, there is something else.

My second issue is, when I start the car in the morning, the rev counter hovers above 2000 without me touching the pedal, and continues revving for about a 1km, and then returns to what I would consider normal 1000.

Any advice will be very welcome, I'd like to have an idea of what I'm talking about when I bring it back to the garage.

Many thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links