Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2010 1.33 Vvti 5 Door (Problems)

divebuddha

Well since i bought my approved used car from toyota ive not at all been enjoying the experience of driving the new 1.33 tr yaris due to a few problems ?

(1) is that the gear stick has started to squeek

(2) everytime i change gear dropping the clutch and taking foot off accelerator the car seems to take about a second to drop back to idle? making it sound like its over reving :mad2:

i suppose one consolation is thats its back to the dealer next week to see if they can get to the bottom of the problem ?

its just after 1 week of ownership im not filled with much confidence?

has anyone else come accross any of these problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeG0PggcAeQ

My Yaris does the second one too mate. I've read on here before thats its apparently a characteristic of modern Yarii due to EGR valves or something lol! I think they all do it though so I don't think thats nothing to worry about.

My gearbox does the occasional squeak from 1st to 2nd but I tend to ignore it lol.

Hope you get it sorted mate any way :)

Its the gear stick itself and to be honest i dont see that being the norm for a car 2 years old!

feels and sounds like the knucle has gone dry or the gear linkage isnt aligned correctly as the shift second to first is stiff to say the least !

i know the revs can be controled by computer and hoping that some way or another these problems can be sorted !

the car itself is lovely but need to get problems ironed out!!

i will say though that my local toyota dealers are superb with great communication and try to sort concerns, problems, when they arise!

Keep the pressure on, at least there is plenty of warranty time to play with.

Ours does the same with the Revs taking an age to fall back, it got worse after fitting a boy racer induction kit....

Ive actualy got 3 years still left on the waranty

So theres no worries there ?

Seems the over reving thing is an inherant problem with the new yaris ?

I thought it was my driving style even changing seat positions to see if that helped ? As for the gear stick ? Thats going to be sorted as thats not the norm ?

I believe the overrevving is done to keep emissions lower. If the cat is cold then it cannot deal with unburnt fuel so the revs rise to burn off the excess fuel caused by changing gear. I experience this when the engine is cold and the solution is to not accelerate as hard, take your foot off the throttle and pause before dipping the clutch.

Thanks for the reply tezzer

I had the car back to west riding toyota in huddersfield uk and cant praise them enough for a quick proffesional service ! Like you say its. Trait of the car to slightly over rev before a gear change and again need to try to gas off quicker even though i never put the gas on heavy anyway !

All the other problems where sorted including new centre caps on the alloys, new ignition cowling as the one on was heavily scratched and the gear stick got stripped ,rebuilt after greasing and now works like a charm, no !Removed! squeeling .

So am happy now to move forward with the car and see where it takes me

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links