AdBlock WarningParts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.
1 post in this topic
Buying My First Celica.. Its A Barn Find
Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm sure I'll be on here alot over the next few months asking for help on my project.. 1991 ST185 found in a barn when looking at a fridge. Buying the celica was not part of the plan, but plans change. I will get some pictures up of her soon and then start a project thread once work gets underway..
I look forward to GT4 ownership.
Boot Lid Catches ...latches.... Rubber Things.
Does anybody know what exaclty are the two rubber elements that sit on the each side of the boot and into which the boot lid locks ? I really dont know what to call them and what to look for.
They are held to the body by two bolts and have corresponding rubber element on the boot lid itself which falls into place within them when boot is closed. I need to replace them as mine are worn beyond catastrophic and the boot lid is making squeeking noise when goin over bumps as these elements are moving inside of eachother.
At first I thought it might have been the parcel shelf but nah , secured that with velcros , noise persists.
Thanks for the help and have a nice weekend.
T-sport 2004 Few Things That Worry Me.
Hope you all are having good times and all is well. Glad to be a part of this forum.
I have recently purchased a 04 plate T-Sport with a relatively small mileage of 67k and I'm astronomically pleased with the car haing moved on from '98 MX5 NB. However , there are one or two things that concerne me.
1. When starting ( especially from cold ) there is a buzzing noise lasting few seconds , coming from the engine bay. I am suspecting that it might be a loose heatshield , this sound can be heard also on warm engine when held at approx 1900 rev. Am I looking in the right direction ? Has anyone encountered this issue ?
2. Ok , this is a bit more serious .... Right after purchasing the car I have treated it to an all 'round set of new Kumho Ecsta tires. Now , at speed between 60 and 80'ish the steering wheel vibrates quite violently. The tires were balanced twice now , yet problem persists. Is it possible that wheel allignment can cause such vibration ?
I have though that perhaps the alloys are buckled , swapped fronts with rears but did not see any improvement. Maybe all of them are buckled , the car came from Sheffield ( sorry to say this ) and I was all but not impressed with the quality of roads up there. Never seen so many potholes per square meter of road. What else should I look at ?
3. This is just a small thing really , I have seen a few posts about this but none of them had any answers so I'll give it a shot.
I have replaced the factory stereo with a JVC double din unit , fits great into the mounting points using the hooks from standard stereo however im having trouble finding facia for it. The new stereo left a gap of approx 2cm each side of the dashboard , can anybody point me in a good direction for facias ?
Thanks a lot and have a good day.
Bonjour From Cornwall!
By Anner Lanner
Ive just bought a 1997 Landcruiser Prado 3.0L TD Automatic for my canvas business - thewayoutwest.co - it's so exciting having a vehicle that is ready to carry some weight!!
We haul around our army ridge tents that we make all over the country and we've done it in normal road vehicles straining under the load...
If anyone reads this please:
1) Any good insights, I've had a few hundred already but always want to hear more.
2) I have a stinking roof rack from an old smiley transit - what does anyone think about transferring it across.
3) I have a massive bull bar to take off and some over sized alloys and tyres - where is the best place to flog Landcruiser gear and find new standard non poncey wheels/tyres.
Thanks lovely people!! XX