• Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Cressida
  • Year: 1991

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

HI Everyone
I own a 1991 Toyota Cressida RX80
Engine 22R carburated
Displacement 2376cc

I Just had my cylinder head worked , due to overheating . I just lost track of the radiator refrigerant , and i didnt put any water in it either for like 3 week. Consequently , one day the engine was running as usual and suddenly it vibrated very strongly and shut off, when i brake and reached idle speed. so I thought i had ran out of gas , but then the car started , it seemed to fade everytime in lowered the gas flux, and lowered speed, and kept shutting off. Then i felt a strange smell of somethign burning , thats when i decided to stop the cressida and step outside. to check the engine. It was very hot , and smeel was awful. At first i thought it was the automatic transmission , because i had recenlty changed and filled the transmision fluid , but it turned out to be the engine. The mechanic told me one cylinder didnt have the right compression rate , it barely reached 100 psi , the other cylinder were at 175 psi. So after taking apart the engine , one of the exhaust valves was crooked and damage, due to the high temperature , and some orings and locks had to be replaces. bbut most important change was the machining of the cylinder head valve seats.

my question is :

Will the displacement be affected or reduced (2376cc) thus the power (110HP) due to the machining of the cylinder head?

THANKS

From Lima Peru
South America

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1991, 22R, landcruiser, 4runner, celica, supra, crown, cresta, cressida, RX80

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users