Save Up To 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Review Your Toyota
      Review Your Toyota
    • Huge Range of Toyota Parts
      Huge Range of Toyota Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CESAREDUARDO

Toyota Cressida Rx80

1 post in this topic

HI Everyone

I own a 1991 Toyota Cressida RX80

Engine 22R carburated

Displacement 2376cc

I Just had my cylinder head worked , due to overheating . I just lost track of the radiator refrigerant , and i didnt put any water in it either for like 3 week. Consequently , one day the engine was running as usual and suddenly it vibrated very strongly and shut off, when i brake and reached idle speed. so I thought i had ran out of gas , but then the car started , it seemed to fade everytime in lowered the gas flux, and lowered speed, and kept shutting off. Then i felt a strange smell of somethign burning , thats when i decided to stop the cressida and step outside. to check the engine. It was very hot , and smeel was awful. At first i thought it was the automatic transmission , because i had recenlty changed and filled the transmision fluid , but it turned out to be the engine. The mechanic told me one cylinder didnt have the right compression rate , it barely reached 100 psi , the other cylinder were at 175 psi. So after taking apart the engine , one of the exhaust valves was crooked and damage, due to the high temperature , and some orings and locks had to be replaces. bbut most important change was the machining of the cylinder head valve seats.

my question is :

Will the displacement be affected or reduced (2376cc) thus the power (110HP) due to the machining of the cylinder head?

THANKS

From Lima Peru

South America

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Robbins
      Hi there,
      Am new to this forum, just wondering if anyone is selling some lowering spring or coilovers, am on a tight budget, just bought a gen 7 celica and would like to lower it by at least 30mm.
      many thanks and let me know if anyone has any
      rgds
      Robbins
    • By Lukas73
      Hi!
      I have a 2000 / 01 ish (W plate) Silver Celica, about 140k on the clock and I'm looking to see if someone wants it.
      I work abroad now and have tried to keep it going but as it's an old car it needs to be used constantly and I'm not here to do that.
      It currently needs a part replaced around the Power Steering fluid (a hose of some kind, mechanic said it was a 150 GBP part) and probably a new battery at some point soon, but apart from that it's a sound and good looking car. I've had it since around 2009. If I can't get any takers in the next day or so I will have it scrapped, but I think that would be a shame as it's been a brilliant car for me, I work in the US and it is just, sadly, not cost effective for me to keep it going.
      It would be a good car for someone. It has got through all it's last MOTs since 2009 with little issue and I've always had it serviced and repaired at a Toyota dealership. The engine management light comes on sometimes due to the cat converter getting old, she has her issues but I would rather someone who can keep her going take her rather than just scrap it. It is MOT'd until May next year but I will get the tax back on it unless someone wants to make a cash offer for the remaining tax (again until May 2017). The car is in Hampshire (PO8) and if someone wants it they will need to collect (steering is VERY heavy without the power steering fluid)
      I have no recent pics but I can get them if required ...
      Luke
    • By ruso98
      Hi guys, I'm ruso and am new to this forum. I have a 1984 Toyota Celica GT-S project car that me and a friend are working on. As of right now it does not run, but we are currently in the process of repairing it! Please feel free to look at the video (link down below and yes I know the thumbnail is upside down.. working on it!) and comment ANY suggestions and experience that you have about the car!! This is my first youtube video, so I apologize in advance about the editing. However, I will improve! Subscribe to keep up with the project and send me any questions you have about the video! Thank you!

• By Littleslick
      Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but I need some help and thought I'd come to the experts! I have a Celica (2004) and have had it for 6 months. Last month the ABS light started flashing when stationary. Local garages can't find a fault but Toyota said it was a faulty ECU unit so I had this replaced with a secondhand ECU but I still have the same problem. It has now cost me around £300 and I'm no closer to it being fixed. Has anyone else had this problem or can suggest what I might try to fix it. It's an MOT failure so I don't have long to sort it out. Thanks so much for any help you can give me! Jackie
    • By Celica1997
      Wondering what money my Toyota Celica 25th Anniversary is worth?
      25th Anniversary
      made in 1997
      70k miles
      grey
      100th one made out of 250
      completely standard
      im 2nd owner
      literally nothing wrong and no signs of anything to come
      completely spotless interior and exterior
      thoughts on what it would be worth please