Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fix It Again - 87 Cabriolet

ktredboy

:unsure:

new to celica's!!

I hope I'm worthy folks?

I picked up a 87 2lgt cabriolet last saturday and drove from cambridge to newcastle in the rain!

after sorting out the hood pop studs and general trim etc, I fitted a new alternator and oil cooler pipes and hoses yesterday, other than that i can't find anything wrong other than the normal brake pads, plugs, etc.

Ive never seen a Mk3 (dont knoe the actual code) cabriolet before and i think it looks pretty unique, in red.

I was followed by my girlie in my other car, a 97 mazda xedos 2ltr v6 which reaches 145mp, on the motor way she whipped me top end but off the A1 roundabouts she couldn'd catch me (if i was driving the mazda maybe the celica wouldnt of stood a chance?)

i didnt realise when i bought the celica that the convertible model has less BHP than the coupe and about 15 - 20mph off the top end.

I sold my 94 Merc E280 auto 140mph because it was too plain and am now concerned that i do not have enough power. i realise the chassis limits will be different to the coupe.

Can i modify this convertible - induction etc. as im new to celicas i dont know all the codes you guys and dolls are talking about. any help would be appreciated.

I'm taking the car to my local mechanic on wednesday to look at a couple of things, second gear crucnch if too softly put into gear, high revving.

I really want to have this old looker working well and performing good and hope to see you at shows/meets.

thanks. karl.

:P

what, no replies, is the 87 cabriolet too old for you plastic missile boys & girls and too new for the 2000gt classic boys???

i guess there arent many of these around and owners are few.

karl..

Hey karl . I dont actually run a celica but i dont see why you shouldn't fit an induction kit an if you can afford it a free flow exhaust. That should get you about 10 to 15 more hp. The engine type should be shown on the cam belt cover. It will most likely be the 3S-GE motor. Your crunching gear sounds like a worn synchro ring (gearbox rebuild to fix properly) you could try changing the box oil for REDLINE MT 90 (try Deemon Tweeks) that often eases the symptoms.