Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Discs & Pads - Go With Toyota Make Or Other Supplier?

astrobhoy

Been to a new garage today and they gave me two prices for discs / pads. - the more expensive being the Toyota branded.

The Toyota branded is about 20% more expensive but seemingly comes with 3 year warranty as opposed to one year.

Warranties aside - do you really think the Toyota branded is worth going for over the regular?

Get them from Ebay and fit them yourself!

No thanks! I'm not that technical, and not going to mess around or botch up something as important as brakes - especially having a young family. ;-)

Presumably your car is no longer within the Toyota warranty, if not then there is no need to use genuine Toyota parts. As you have found there are cheaper options out there and provided you are satisfied with the quality of them then there is no reason not to use them. If you trust the garage, ask them their opinion on the parts they will fit, then go for the cheaper option. Be aware though that some of the cheaper options are cheaper for a reason i.e. poor quality. Due to the composition of modern brake pads discs don't last as long as they used to and two to three years is not an unusal time span especially if you are a heavy user of the brakes.

hi,having used toyota and non original(i'm talking pads here) the toyota ones are MUCH better,they need very little beddding in and they produce hardly any brake dust,i get through loads as i use mine for a taxi and fit them myself,stick to toyota you'll soon forget the price diffrence but not that !Removed! brake dust aaarrrggg!!

• 4 weeks later...

toyota discs for the part warranty and Bosch pads are perfectly acceptable, they dont take long to bed in ither

Are the discs worn out i.e. below specified thickness? If not why do they need to be replaced - scale? only need to replce discs if there is a problem or below thickness.

In answer to your question Toyota discs and pads v. good. I have used EBC ultimax and Black Diamond good as well. Black Diamond need a couple more stops to get warmed up mind you.

Been to a new garage today and they gave me two prices for discs / pads. - the more expensive being the Toyota branded.

The Toyota branded is about 20% more expensive but seemingly comes with 3 year warranty as opposed to one year.

Warranties aside - do you really think the Toyota branded is worth going for over the regular?

It may be interesting to know what the 3 year warranty covers. For instance does it cover wear and tear and is there a mileage limit.

I got them all done. All discs / pads replaced, calipers sorted. An Oil change flush and filter and sorted an oil leak - all for £300. ;)

It may be interesting to know what the 3 year warranty covers. For instance does it cover wear and tear and is there a mileage limit.

Toyota brake discs & pads don't have a 3 year warranty - ask Kingo.

No, No and only covered for 12 months

Kingo :thumbsup:

No, No and only covered for 12 months

Kingo :thumbsup:

That what I thought but I wonder if the garage in question were offering longer and being prepared to stand over the discs personally. It would be brave of them though.

I've posted a very similar thread recently = just purchased a full set of front & rear discs and pads (ORIGINAL) for about £200, just getting them fitted now. Much cheaper than Mr T who was offering to do it for about £460 all in incl. VAT & parts

I got them all done. All discs / pads replaced, calipers sorted. An Oil change flush and filter and sorted an oil leak - all for £300. ;)

£300...?? That's not bad, considering all the work you got done! I'd be happy with that.

Hi Guys,

Am also looking for Pads and Discs for 2004 Avensis ...after some research,informed the Blueprint Brand are best other than the genuine Toyota.

Informed by two different mechanics ..

Anyone out there used this brand and your thoughts ?

Thanks guys ......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links