Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airport Parking

alan.

2010 gen 3 prius.

if i leave my car in the airport parking will the Battery still start the car after 2 weeks.

Hi there, you shouldn't have any problems, I've left my Prius many times in airport car parks for two weeks, including winter months and its always started.

2010 gen 3 prius.

if i leave my car in the airport parking will the battery still start the car after 2 weeks.

I left my Auris HSD two long periods, one of four weeks, the other five weeks. Both times the HSD went into a deep, deep sleep and shut down things like the touch lock/unlock but the keyfob worked fine.

Other than that, the car started up and performed normally, I can't think of anything that would make the Prius Gen 3 any different.

Mike

2010 gen 3 prius.

if i leave my car in the airport parking will the battery still start the car after 2 weeks.

Not a chance. You'll also be lucky if it hasn't burst into flames a few days into your holiday! :)

Assuming you haven't left any interior lights on there should be absolutely no problem with it starting after two weeks. I've left mine for weeks at a time and my 12v is getting weak(er) and it's still been fine.

thanks guys

peace of mind on my hols.

hopefully i wont have to call breakdown.

thanks again

How long is a piece of string?

If the 12V Battery is in good condition, not too old, and has a full charge then it should easily last the 2 weeks.

Even though it is unlikely to go flat, it doesn't hurt to be prepared just in case.

Check that mechanical key works in the lock.

Learn where the jump start point is and where it is described in the Owner's manual.

Then you can relax and enjoy your holiday.

Learn where the jump start point is and where it is described in the Owner's manual.

Oh yeah, this is always one for the newbie to beware of. DO NOT rev the engine of the car doing the jump start to you if you have a flat Battery. If they do you WILL fry the computers in the Prius - and that's an expensive repair.

Be extra careful when jump starting the Prius/Auris HSD and it is best to familiarise yourself with how to do it before you ever need to.