jamesj4

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts
  • First Name:James
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Yaris
  • Year: 2011

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

This stuff is really good used it on my Yaris on a couple of occasions after washing. Its marketed as a waterless washing system but I would always recommend washing the car beforehand otherwise you are just pushing the dirt into the paint. Always brings mine up gleaming, i'll try and post some pictures at the weekend as its due for a clean.

Application is straight forward I personally work panel by panel with 3 microfibre cloths (application,buffing and polishing!)

The link to get some is

http://www.idealworl...553869aa5301494

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Raistlin

Raistlin

Raistlin

• Super Moderator
  • 46,305 posts
  • First Name:Raistlin
  • Toyota Model: Aygo Blue
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

I use Spray & Shine it is a professional quality wax that will clean, polish and protect your vehicle in one easy step without water.

Use with Micro Fibre Cloths for the ultimate cleaning and polishing combination, Also great around the house, can be used on any glossy painted surfaces, metal, glass, plastic, fibreglass, varnish, UPVC, windows, it is great for conservatories!

#3 jamesj4

jamesj4

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

Just had a look for it and it looks very similar to showroom shine probably the same stuff under a different brand name!

I'll give it a go though, when my current bottle of showroom shine runs out!

#4 Stephen L Griffiths

Stephen L Griffiths

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Stephen
  • Toyota Model: Avensis Sport Tourer
  • Year: 2005

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

The advertising for this product in many respects is nonsense in that the statement stating it doesn't take colour off. Most paints these days are clear laquered.

It offers no protection whatsoever from bird droppings from my experience and It does scratch. At the end of the day Carnauba wax isn't exactly a new idea.

Furthemore, does yor car ever get dirty in the way that their demonstation vehicles and panels do. I believe they spray them with a special mixture.

I will stick with Meguiers.

#5 jamesj4

jamesj4

• Registered Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

In regards to protection from bird droppings i've found it makes the car more of a target for them. (I have a large number of pigeons, seagulls and just recently ducks in my area!)

You say in your experience that it scratches, did a similar product scratch your vehicle then?

I think it would probably scratch if you don't wash the car first. I use it as a follow up to get rid of watermarks etc.. But would never put it straight onto a dirty car as you are just rubbing all of the dirt into the paintwork!

I think the people in the supermarket car parks use a similar product.

My car does get pretty dirty. It's a combination of the vehicle being black and it being in a large open dusty car park for the majority of the day. So I usually clean it every 2-3 weeks.

But fair enough we all have our own opinions and I was just sharing an idea!

#6 CelicaHP

CelicaHP

• Registered Member
  • 16 posts
  • First Name:Andy
  • Toyota Model: Celica
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.  I am always looking for new ways to get the perfect shine on my Celica.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users