Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Stubby Aerial

jamesj4

Hello All,

I've always liked the small style aerials on cars, especially the shark fin style found on the BMW 5 series. I had a look on eBay and found this aerial.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180590281117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_616wt_986

I just wondered if anybody has fitted a similar aerial to their car?

I wonder if it is as simple as unscrewing the current aerial and just replacing it with the stubby one or if its more complex.

Also my 2011 T Spirit has the TNS410 and I didn't know if any services were received through the car aerial?

Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated!!

Hi James,

Had a wee look on eBay and found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-9cm-Short-Alloy-Beesting-Aerial-for-Toyota-Avensis-Corolla-Yaris-MR2-Aygo-/110837470414?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19ce6d94ce

Im no expert on the aerials but I recently bought mine and im considering doin the same. It would seem that the "beesting" aerials screw in and out so it looks easy enough to replace :D

Hope you get sorted out,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Think i'll give it a go, if it does not work can always change it back!

Happy Days

• 2 months later...

I'm having to do this as before i bought mine second hand some little **Ahem** tore the aerial whip out of the base, trashing the threads so i'm unable to screw in a repalcement whip.

Getting a new base and whip installed my aerial is placed at the back of the roof so i won't be trying this myself as i don't want to try and have to go through the upholstry. Parts garage quoted me £50 - 60 ish for the job. I'll let you know how it goes.