4 replies to this topic

#1 Tam Bam Magnet Dougal

Tam Bam Magnet Dougal

Club Member

• Member via FB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

anybody tell me if bumper has to come off to remove headlights ?

w plate avensis gs

cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Alan Morgan

Alan Morgan

Club Member

• Member via FB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • First Name:Alan
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 1.8vvti GS
  • Year: 2002

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

It depends how small your hands are! I used to loosen the bumper fixings around the wheel arch and pull it down slightly but it's very tight! Unless you've done a few (I did loads when I worked at a Toyota dealer) it's probably faster and safer to remove the bumper! ;)

#3 Tam Bam Magnet Dougal

Tam Bam Magnet Dougal

Club Member

• Member via FB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

It depends how small your hands are! I used to loosen the bumper fixings around the wheel arch and pull it down slightly but it's very tight! Unless you've done a few (I did loads when I worked at a Toyota dealer) it's probably faster and safer to remove the bumper! ;)

is it just the fixings in the arches mate...none on front wing or front of bumper to loosen ?

will have to take them out...1 of the levelling motors is f***** and tried to get it in..but no chance :@ lol

cheers

#4 Alan Morgan

Alan Morgan

Club Member

• Member via FB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • First Name:Alan
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Avensis 1.8vvti GS
  • Year: 2002

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

If my (failing) memory serves me correctly, if you undo the bumper screws in the wheelarch and push it forward off the big clip. You may have to loosen the screws along the top of the bumper too. Sliding it back on the clip can be tricky though.

#5 Tam Bam Magnet Dougal

Tam Bam Magnet Dougal

Club Member

• Member via FB
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

If my (failing) memory serves me correctly, if you undo the bumper screws in the wheelarch and push it forward off the big clip. You may have to loosen the screws along the top of the bumper too. Sliding it back on the clip can be tricky though.

cool will give this a go tomorrow weather permitting..was a crappy day here today..cheers again alan mate ;-)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users