Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Turbo Failure

andymack

Hello have been told by my local garage that the Turbo has failed they have smoke tested it,no leaks in the system,

For a reconditioned one fully fitted,oil change, new hose, gaskets £980.00 + the £60 its cost me to get it checked does that price sound ok Seems expensive to me.

The Rav drives ok the reason i took it in was it lost power,Seems ok after a short while though. Dont think the Turbo is working due to it being sluggish sorry for the not very clear explanation really dont know much about engines at all.

Any good advice appreciated The Rav is a 2004 D4D type 91000 on clock

really not sure whether its worth getting it done or get rid

Thanks

Hello have been told by my local garage that the Turbo has failed they have smoke tested it,no leaks in the system,

For a reconditioned one fully fitted,oil change, new hose, gaskets £980.00 + the £60 its cost me to get it checked does that price sound ok Seems expensive to me.

The Rav drives ok the reason i took it in was it lost power,Seems ok after a short while though. Dont think the Turbo is working due to it being sluggish sorry for the not very clear explanation really dont know much about engines at all.

Any good advice appreciated The Rav is a 2004 D4D type 91000 on clock

really not sure whether its worth getting it done or get rid

Thanks

These are the answers from your other post on the Rav 4 forum!!

http://www.toyotaown...bo&fromsearch=1

Steve

Andy

Our class has lost one pupil?? :)))

Run in Rav class shortly.

Regards / Igor

• 2 months later...

Hi i have worked on many ran 4 s with your faults i have fitted turbos but you get a lot of problems with fuel pump spill valves cost around £180.00 .I have taken turbos off and stripped them down and cleaned them and they have been ok . You need somebody with a mitty vac to check that the arm on the turbo moves when operated .Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links