Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help...aygo Wont Start

lauren_1301

Any help would be really appreciated...

Bought my 55 Aygo about 3 months ago from Arnold Clark. Dont have my licence yet so Ive been driving it around 7 hours a week for practice. Stupidly I left the inside light on about a month ago and didnt realise for a couple of days as I hadnt used it. The Battery was completely flat and nothing would turn on. Got someone to give me a jump start and it ran fine from then on. Went away for a few days and havent driven my car in exactly a week. Got into it last night and it wont start. However, the radio, lights, wipers etc are all working fine. It makes a noise (roughly every 30s) like its turning over but wont start...

Bought a new Battery and had it fitted this morning (standard from toyota) and it still wont start.

The car has no mods/extras as I havent had a chance to do anything to it yet! And to make it worse my test is in 4 weeks and I need all the practice I can get!

Hoping to get it into the garage tomorrow first thing - after I pay to have it towed there! as a student...I am dreading the bill!

Has anyone else experienced this or know of anyone who has? Any help would really be great.

Lauren :ermm:

My first thought would of been the Battery as I assume with you're learning to drive you'll be doing short journeys which may not be enough to keep the Battery charged - but since you tried a new one then I don't think that's the problem

Do you lights still work with the new Battery, indication it's wired up correctly

I wonder if it is immobilized somehow. With modern cars the method for disconnecting the Battery has an effect on things like this.

Even things like jumpstarting can cause electrical spikes damaging the the engine ECU due to voltage surges or alike.

Could even be a blown fuse for the fuel pump.

All possibilites.

I wonder if it is immobilized somehow. With modern cars the method for disconnecting the Battery has an effect on things like this.

Even things like jumpstarting can cause electrical spikes damaging the the engine ECU due to voltage surges or alike.

Could even be a blown fuse for the fuel pump.

We had a Mercedes in the workshop which had three thousand pounds worh of damaged control units due to jumpstarting problems, these things happen.

Hopefully this is not the case but it can't be ruled out.

Start with the cheapest first/fuses. Then work your way up. Do the things that cost nothing to check first. I'm thinking immobilizer issue but like I said check fuses first.