Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Quick Question (From A Newbie) Before I Ask My Local Garage!

Steve Nash

Hi all,

I thought I would ask someone on here before I visit my local garage again with another question.

I have only had my Yaris, from new, for a few weeks and just recently, I have noticed a particular light popping up on start up....but it puzzles me (not very tech minded) that it should pop up from the description in the handbook.

It is the "High Engine Coolant Temperature Warning Light". It comes on when the engine is cold first thing in the morning and after the car has been stopped for a couple of hours......after a few mins, it goes off. When I first saw it, it was a very hot morning and I thought the coolant must be hot due to the outside temperature......but it comes on every morning, whatever the outside temperature, without fail and then pops off.

Anyone understand, have had this issue...or is this the norm?? Also, should I be taking this vehicle back to the garage????

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been discussed before.

If its blue its normal and just to inform the coolant/engine is cold

If its blue its normal and just to inform the coolant/engine is cold

Thanks for the swift reply....appreciated. It comes on green....green is generally good?

It is green to show the engine is cold, it turns off when warmed up. Should only worry if it come on and is red.

Thanks!! to you both :-) Mind at rest.

Yes you should get a little symbol that comes up from cold , and if u look closely , it has the little C in it and that means its cold ;) usually it will go away after a minute or so

Thanks to all for your replies!