Daddy Bob

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • First Name:Bob
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Verso
  • Year: 2005

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

An intermittent problem. During routine engine start up, I'll depress the clutch to get the green ignition light on, press the start button, all the normal dashboard lights come on but absolutely nothing from the engine; the green ignition light just flashes on and off. The battery is fine. The next day or a while later, the car will start without a problem. There are no problems once the car has started.

The local Toyota garage changed the electronic control module (ecm) last week, at some considerable cost, after detecting a B2799 fault code but the same problem occured at start up the following day. The AA came and couldn't start it either; no fault code detected, so towed the car back to the Toyota garage. It starts first time, of course, at the garage and subsequent tests show no problems. The garage are replacing a detector in the clutch mechanism, foc, just as a precaution and are hoping that this will sort the intermittent starting fault. Fingers crossed. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dervdave

dervdave

The biggest Victor Meldrew

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • First Name:Dave
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Hilux 3.0d Invincible D/Cab
  • Year: 2013

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

An intermittent problem. During routine engine start up, I'll depress the clutch to get the green ignition light on, press the start button, all the normal dashboard lights come on but absolutely nothing from the engine; the green ignition light just flashes on and off. The battery is fine. The next day or a while later, the car will start without a problem. There are no problems once the car has started.

The local Toyota garage changed the electronic control module (ecm) last week, at some considerable cost, after detecting a B2799 fault code but the same problem occured at start up the following day. The AA came and couldn't start it either; no fault code detected, so towed the car back to the Toyota garage. It starts first time, of course, at the garage and subsequent tests show no problems. The garage are replacing a detector in the clutch mechanism, foc, just as a precaution and are hoping that this will sort the intermittent starting fault. Fingers crossed. Any thoughts gratefully received.

The Verso is the 1st car I`ve had with this `feature` and wouldn`t have a clue where to start if there was a problem other than ring the dealer ! :D

#3 duebjerg

duebjerg

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla Verso R1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

At first I would try to bypass the switch at the clutch pedal. Pull of the connector from the switch and make a jumper by a small piece of wire. On my car, I had the similar issue. Now You should be able to start the car even without the clutch. But remember to put the gear lever in neutral!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users