Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Vs Lexus Ct

ColinBarber

Has anybody had the experience of driving both an Auris and Lexus CT200?

Seeing as they are essentially the same vehicle, bar some suspension changes, I'd be interested if to know how they compare.

I own the Auris Hybrid and I've driven the CT200h on numerous occasions.

You are correct, they are extremely similar cars and I found the engine and performance pretty much identical. In the CT, the engine noise was slightly less due to the cabin having better insulation. I prefer the cabin of the CT as it is more refined as I do think the Auris is a little plain inside. Can't really comment on the suspension differences as I haven't driven the CT for long enough to compare. The acceleration and economy felt the same though.

Parts of the CT I don't like: (a) the price - it is so much more expensive than the Auris. Things like cruise control are an option (last time I checked) yet it is standard on the Auris T-Spirit (B) The warranty - 3 years on the CT, 5 on the Auris. © I also think the smart entry system is not standard on the base SE-I CT200h, but you will get it if you add the optional Navigation pack

I would like to own a CT as I'm a big fan of the Lexus brand and the service I get from my local dealer. I've owned 4 Lexus vehicles in the past. However, I can't really justify the significant increase in price to get a very similar car with a shorter warranty.

Thanks Phil

You are correct about the smart entry, it isn't on the base models and not even an option. You need the SE-L Prem so you are talking over £30k.

This is really the first time the same vehicle has been taken to market by both Toyota and Lexus in the UK. Similar to the VW Golf vs Audi A3. The price different is hard to justify, not only the initial cost but servicing is quite a bit more at Lexus and you only have the 3 year standard warranty (5 years for the hybrid system)

• 3 years later...

Sorry to come back on an old thread

At Tunbridge wells the Lexus and Toyota dealers are next door.  When your Lexus goes in for service, the "service engineer" drives your car from the customer parking, round the back of the Lexus dealership where you think the service shop must be.  But then he continues to the next door Toyota service shop, where the service takes place.  One service shop covering both brands, performing I expect identical service, just charging more to the Lexus customer.  The Lexus customer waits in the more plush Lexus waiting room oblivious to the fact that his/ her pride of joy is being taken care of by the mainstream Toyota folks.

This may be normal, I don't know, but it looked a little as if there was a deception going on

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

As your profile shows you have Toyotas, I don't see it affects you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hicardo said:

Sorry to come back on an old thread

At Tunbridge wells the Lexus and Toyota dealers are next door.  When your Lexus goes in for service, the "service engineer" drives your car from the customer parking, round the back of the Lexus dealership where you think the service shop must be.  But then he continues to the next door Toyota service shop, where the service takes place.  One service shop covering both brands, performing I expect identical service, just charging more to the Lexus customer.  The Lexus customer waits in the more plush Lexus waiting room oblivious to the fact that his/ her pride of joy is being taken care of by the mainstream Toyota folks.

This may be normal, I don't know, but it looked a little as if there was a deception going on

:rolleyes:

& presumably if you buy takeaway from a restaurant & don't pay the same as someone sitting in for food from the same kitchen with same staff then those sitting in are also being deceived? :tongue:

Lexus dealers consistently rank higher in customer service polls than Toyota so there must be some difference.

Ah, the price of Badge snobbery. I love it when Badge snobs get ripped off. Reminds me of the seventies when a flasher unit for a Mini cost £1.50 and was identical to one for a Rover which cost £6.00, because it was in a Rover branded box.

If I was spending £15k or more on a ct, I`d seriously look at is300h.....much nicer car.

Guess it makes sense for the dealer from an efficiency point of view.  If you buy a CT200, it is not only an Auris underneath, and therefore very similar in many respects, but also in TW at least, serviced in the next door Toyota workshop.  

Would have been very interested in a CT200 myself but the headroom is way poorer than the Auris, which rules it out.