Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ps2

Pete W

Hi guys, sorry about the topic not being Toyota related, but i don't know where else to ask, and i know how good you guys are. Basicaly i have been given a PS2 for the kids, and am trying to set it up. I can't get it to go on the tele in their bedroom. It works on an old CRT tele i have, but not on the newer flat screen. The plug from the PS2 has the ariel socket on the end that plugs into the TV. I have tried it on all the AV( EXT) channels, and no good at all. Any help would be much appreciated. The WII works on it fine, but that is a different conection. Thanks very much

If it has a traditional ariel plug, rather than a scart or the 3 audio style leads, then i'm pretty sure you would need to search for it via frequency ie as if it's a tv channel.

If that doesnt work i seem to remember the aerial leads are a bit flimsy so it might need a new one. Does the lead have a box on it that has a switch if so flip the switch over

Hi, thanks for the replies. I tried a manual search but it didn't come up with anything. Also tried flipping the switch, but again nothing. It does say ch 35 on the box with the switch. I tried chanel 35 on the tv, but nothing came up. They will just have to stick to the WII. Thanks again. Pete.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I tried a manual search but it didn't come up with anything. Also tried flipping the switch, but again nothing. It does say ch 35 on the box with the switch. I tried chanel 35 on the tv, but nothing came up. They will just have to stick to the WII. Thanks again. Pete.

have you tryed to change setting on tv to pal or scart,,

Hi, Thanks for the info, just tried it and still no go. I.m afraid i'm not very good with this sort of stuff, and not up to date with technology. I have only just swapped to flat screen tele, so not really up to speed with it yet. Everything works fine on the old CRT system, but i know i am going to have to change sometime. Pete

My kid(19) is still running a ps2 i am sure he has had lead problems in the past and i think it was the plug end that goes into the back of the ps2 that was goosed. He would have to rest the plug on something when playing. I would put your telly on again on av channel and just try changing the angle on the plug ie lift it a little. Now i think he just plugs the lead from his ps3 in which seems a lot better quality.

Thanks for that, but have tried and makes no difference. If i plug it into an old CRT it goes straight away with no problems.

then the problem must be the telly. Get the lead that has the three outputs (red,yellow and white) and plug into scart adapter or straight into back of telly if it has the inputs...it should