Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Let There Be Light, Led Light

surfcitylocal

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aaronfife

• tarquin

• surfcitylocal

• craggle

I'm pleased with where I decided to locate them, quite standard looking. Just wish they were a tad brighter but that's only a slight niggle. Here's a few more:

IQDRLsII.jpg

IQDRLs.jpg

Is it not the angle you are viewing them at ? LED's have a rather narrow beam with and unless reflectors are used , you generally have to look at them dead on for maximum brightness. The look like the ones on the new AYGO

David

I stood dead centre and looked the same. Will need to go in another car and look back to see how effective they are. Yeah, almost identical to the new Aygo but because there strips, you can hardly see them. There's actually two strips on each side, wired into one for a more complete look. The strips I received were quite long so just cut them and wired together.

Yes i have some the light comes out of the edge of the strip. Designed for putting aroubd the headlight lens. Tas has fitted them to his. Mine are quite bright but not as bright as my 11 each side with lens's fitted in the top grills. I think yours look very good. If i had fitted them i would be pleased with them

David

Cheers much appreciated. I am very happy especially now after waiting in a queue in a underground carpark ;) look brighter is person. Might tackle interior lighting in next few months. Get the rubbish dome light brighter and add some footwell 'mood' lighting :)

Are you familiar with my Dome light modification? I modify the original from 1/4 and a lens to a 3 watt device on an exchange basis

David

Im sure I've seen a post.. If not give me a link to it (no need to explain as you helped me enough with the !Removed! nightmare DRLs) ha

• 1 year later...

Like the placement off your conections. Iv gott som lights on mine but i put all the conections infront off the gearstick, stupid place because i have to open everthing to check the fuses... (sorry for my bad spelling). Im loking to get som under car lights, how did u stick them on there? Only stripes or allsow teyp?

Like the placement off your conections. Iv gott som lights on mine but i put all the conections infront off the gearstick, stupid place because i have to open everthing to check the fuses... (sorry for my bad spelling). Im loking to get som under car lights, how did u stick them on there? Only stripes or allsow teyp?

It is me or David your directing this too? Lol.

I still haven't gotten that email, Dave...

In my opinion, Dave's neat little kit is the only way to go for iQ interior lighting. He could probably open a mod shop over here, as every owner we have met hates the dim interior and loves his light kit.

I once thought about putting under car lights on a van, but was told not to, for in Texas they like to nail you for that. Never heard an explanation why not to, though.

I still haven't gotten that email, Dave...

In my opinion, Dave's neat little kit is the only way to go for iQ interior lighting. He could probably open a mod shop over here, as every owner we have met hates the dim interior and loves his light kit.

I once thought about putting under car lights on a van, but was told not to, for in Texas they like to nail you for that. Never heard an explanation why not to, though.

Certainly made a huge difference yeah. Everytime I open car at night, lovely bright while/blue light illuminates the whole interior as it should of came standard with.. Probably the best mod on my car so far, that I didn't do ha ha

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links