• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imtiax

imtiax

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts
  • Toyota Model: Rav4 XT4

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

hi i am looking for some information with regards to Gunson Ezi bleed device, I would like to change brake fluid in my yaris, has any members use this device and if the included kit will fit yaris brake fluid bottle or would I have to purchase an extra part? I have not bought the device yet
any information will greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mrpj

mrpj

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • First Name:Peter
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Yaris Icon+ Multidrive
  • Year: 2014

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

I have one and used it many times. It still works very well in spite of being about 30 years old! It came supplied with various size fluid reservoir caps at the time and I'm sure there will be one to fit your's in the box. If not, on the included literature/instructions Gunson stated they could supply one to fit if needed.
You say it's for a Yaris which has a "space saver" spare at 60psi. The spare is the most convenient to use. Just bear in mind that the tyre pressure to which the Ezibleed is connected has to be 18psi or lower (important!). So the pressure in the tyre you are using to pressurise the bottle needs to be lowered accordingly - then re-inflated obviously after use.
I would still check if it's suitable to use on your system first. Don't they use a vacuum device now?

#3 Madasafish

Madasafish

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • First Name:Michael
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Yaris D4D T spirit (son has 2012 1.3 SR)
  • Year: 2003

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

The Eeezibleed caps that came in my kit did not fit the Yaris.. so I bled the brakes manually : wedging the footbrake down with a small piece of wood jammed against the front seat to keep air out when tightening the bleed nipples.

Don't forget the clutch is on the same circuit and you should bleed it at the same time as the brakes in case you have any air bubbles in it. (My son's had).

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users