Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Iq Sat Nav Maps

Kbusuttil

I recently purchased a Toyota IQ 3 1.33, with Sat Nav (car was purchased from the UK). I will be using the car in Malta, unfortunately the sat nav does not have maps for malta. Does anyone know if I can purchase Malta maps from Toyota? Thanks

Hi there

There are only 3 maps available for the TNS 510, Western Europe which i assume you have. Eastern Europe and a scandinavian one. There isn't a list i can find which shows you the country's they cover . I can tell you they are £136 each map

David

Hi there

There are only 3 maps available for the TNS 510, Western Europe which i assume you have. Eastern Europe and a scandinavian one. There isn't a list i can find which shows you the country's they cover . I can tell you they are £136 each map

David

Thanks David. This is the first time I have ever had bad service from Toyota. I have been a toyota owner for over 10 years, and never had any issues. With this one no one seems to know the answer to the questions, not even the toyota dealers. Its amazing that they would sell a car in malta with a sat nav that doesnt have the maps for malta!!! Will update you if I find a solution

Strange also is that when you look at the map update site , it shows you what countries have been updated or added but doesn't tell you what countries it already covers.

David

The only other thing i can suggest but its very expensive is to change the TNS 510 for a TNS 410 which has a detachable TomTom unit. TonTom do maps for Malta

David

Don't know if you have looked here it may help http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

David

Thanks David. I had a look at the site. The funny thing is that malta is so small, I cannot make out if it is shaded blue or white. It would be better if they give you a list of countries. What is even worse is that the new Yaris sat nav includes malta in their toyota touch multi media system.

I have replaced my TNS 510 witha TNS 350. Im doinh so i bought a new map only a month from being released 2012. It has 37 countries but Malta but it doesnt have Sardinia or the Canary islands etc. As Malta is not far off the south of Italy i would expect if it was going to be included that it would have been on this Western Europe map and not on the East European one as Greece is on it and its further along the med

David

I have just checked TomTom western Europe installed on my iPhone and Malta is on there. Popeye's village Valetta Harbour where the guns of Navarone film was made. The blue lagoon where the guy in the milk tray advert jumps off the cliff into the sea dressed in black. Lovely country. You are lucky to live there

David

I have replaced my TNS 510 witha TNS 350. Im doinh so i bought a new map only a month from being released 2012. It has 37 countries but Malta but it doesnt have Sardinia or the Canary islands etc. As Malta is not far off the south of Italy i would expect if it was going to be included that it would have been on this Western Europe map and not on the East European one as Greece is on it and its further along the med

David

I have just checked TomTom western Europe installed on my iphone and Malta is on there. Popeye's village Valetta Harbour where the guns of Navarone film was made. The blue lagoon where the guy in the milk tray advert jumps off the cliff into the sea dressed in black. Lovely country. You are lucky to live there

David

Thanks for the info. So malta hasnt been included in the 2012 malta, what a shame!! What I cant understand is that my friend bought a new toyota Yaris with sat nav, and his has Malta!!! I already have a tom tom and it works brilliant in malta. but I always wanted something in-built, mainly for ease of use and for security reasons.

David

I have just checked TomTom western Europe installed on my iphone and Malta is on there. Popeye's village Valetta Harbour where the guns of Navarone film was made. The blue lagoon where the guy in the milk tray advert jumps off the cliff into the sea dressed in black. Lovely country. You are lucky to live there

David

Thanks for the info. So malta hasn't been included in the 2012 malta, what a shame!! What I cant understand is that my friend bought a new toyota Yaris with sat nav, and his has Malta!!! I already have a tom tom and it works brilliant in malta. but I always wanted something in-built, mainly for ease of use and for security reasons.

Thats Toyota in their discriminating ( racist) way. For instance, new models in the UK are fitted with a TNS 510 which doesnt have speed camera and road speed alert. But the iQ in the republic of ireland is fitted with speed camera alert and road speed alert. Why am i being discriminated against? A person in ireland can buy an iQ there, come here on holiday and have the luxury of alerts. Its so WRONG!!! Firstly i mailed Toyota asking if it was possible for me to fit a TNS 350 in my iQ. There stock answer is the 350 is for the irish Republic market not the uk trying to qualify it by saying the 510 has a CD player and its what the UK market demands. So i asked the question again " can i fit a 350 in my UK iQ2? The answer again was its for the Irish market. When i accused them of discrimination. They simply said "the 510 is for the Uk and European market and doesnt support speed camera's yet on there map update they now supply maps with the speed camera alerts for France removed because of the new french law Its Crazy and Racist or at least indicating we are not worthy. Anyway i worked ot the wiring requirements and have now fitted the TNS 350 sorted. In my investigation my dealer ( who i get on with well) said if i got one they would not be allowed to fit it to a UK car. What can you say

David

The only other thing i can suggest but its very expensive is to change the TNS 510 for a TNS 410 which has a detachable TomTom unit. TonTom do maps for Malta

David

There is a TNS410 on eBay now. I brought a TNS350 from the same eBayer for £385

It's at £70 at the moment http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=110902765256

David

There is a TNS410 on eBay now. I brought a TNS350 from the same eBayer for £385

It's at £70 at the moment http://item.mobilewe...Id=110902765256

Thanks Guys. To be honest this unit looks very out dated. With my system I am have the integrated blue tooth and several other functions that I dont want to lose.

Its bizaar how what appears to be upgades firstly only appear in certain contry's and are not fully comprehensive. Always functions missing. The 510 and the 350 both take multi CD add on units by the way. Taz's one in his Scion seems the only proper upgrade. But for you people who want to "upgrade" and dont have too much tech know how then your a bit stuck because as i mentioned earlier, Toyota wont entertain installing equipment in your car that was not marketed for this country. Dictatorship. You can have any unit you like installed by us as long as its a TNS 510

David

From my research I have learnt that the new touch and go navigation system has a map which includes malta (as previously mentioned, my friend has a new toyota yaris with touch and go, it has malta). Does anyone know if this system can be installed on the IQ? Even better, if their CD/memory card can be used on the TNS 510? Thanks

tech docs show that the only units that go in the iQ Tns 350,410,510 and something called Touch Life which mimics your iPhone so all your apps appear on it so if you had TomTom on your iPhone you would have it on the 7inch screen of the Touch Life. NO you can't swap men map cards between models because they have amongst other things different Loading.kiwi files

david

tech docs show that the only units that go in the iQ Tns 350,410,510 and something called Touch Life which mimics your iPhone so all your apps appear on it so if you had TomTom on your iPhone you would have it on the 7inch screen of the Touch Life. NO you can't swap men map cards between models because they have amongst other things different Loading.kiwi files

david

Thanks for that. Never heard of the toyota touch life, but it seems like a good idea. Cannot find it on the toyota website either, is this available in the UK?

david

Thanks for that. Never heard of the toyota touch life, but it seems like a good idea. Cannot find it on the toyota website either, is this available in the UK?

A bit of info on touch life.

http://m.engadget.com/2011/10/26/toyota-introduces-touch-life-smartphone-mirroring-system-your-p/

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to Tarquin today for removing my TNS510 navigation unit and replacing it with a TNS350 with speed camera warnings. Really pleased with it and by all accounts you can play videos through it by using a special lead from Toyota. Part no PZ4450026000