Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulley Identification...

corolla_tsport_54

Hi guys, I was servicing my corolla t sport today and decided to also change the aux belt. I noticed the pulley at the rear of the engine, just above the tensioner wheel has a slight wobble. Does anyone know what that pulley does? Waterpump etc?, as I may need to replace the lil bugger! Thanks in advance

TOY-ZZIDLER.jpg

This is the one I'm talking about. Hope someone can help with a part num etc thanks again

Anyone?

The black pulley with the four bolts is the water pump. What connections are there to the pulley in question - that may give a clue but I suspect ot may be for power steering.

I've had another look today, and believe it is just an idler pulley, alternator and power steering are at the front of the engine, crank obviously at the bottom and water pump as you say in the middle. Smaller black pulley is the tensioner, but I'm stumped with this one! Surprised no one else has come across this before?

Hi,

Only have the 1.6 but those two pulleys are the same, the tensioner and the idler for it to run against.

Can just see behind it, just a through bolt retaining it to a flange on the block - unless there is something extra on the TS ..?

The black pulley with the four bolts is the water pump. What connections are there to the pulley in question - that may give a clue but I suspect ot may be for power steering.

it wont be power steering as thats electric on these cars, more likely to be water pump tho as aircon and alternator are at the front of the engine from what i can remember..

I've had another look today, and believe it is just an idler pulley, alternator and power steering are at the front of the engine, crank obviously at the bottom and water pump as you say in the middle. Smaller black pulley is the tensioner, but I'm stumped with this one! Surprised no one else has come across this before?

just read this after my last post, if its the bearing it sits on could you just not replace that