Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum Messages

Review Your Toyota

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Toyota now

In Memory

Les "Giddlepin" Ackroyd - 1951 to 2016  - A well missed friend to everyone. 

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fin5769

Electric Windows Control

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

New to the forum.

I have an 11 plate Verso TR. It got broken into last week, front passenger window, and this was replaced by 'AutoGlass'

I noticed last night that I couldn't put the window down from the 'main' control on the drivers door, yet the window goes down from the button on the door iteself. This morning I noticed that the 'Lights' on the main control are flashing. All other windows open from that control without problem.

I'm waiting on AutoGlass to call me back, but I got the distinct feeling that they aren't interested....although the window was working before the break in.

I hope that makes sense and that someone can advise? Is there some sort of reset switch or something, or could it be that AutoGlass have missed a connection?

Cheers and thanks for any replies.

Fin

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

The electric windows obviously have fuses you could try to reset (location of them would be in the manual). Personally I would take the car to a dealer as you're still under warranty and Autoglass could make the problem worse if they try to 'repair' it.

Thanks mate.

You're probably right about AutoGlass.. :D

Will try the dealer.

Solved it. I found a video on YouTube of a chap resetting the electric windows by systematically going round each window, putting them down and up again......surprisingly it worked! The dealer had never heard of such a thing!!