Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Windows Control

Fin5769

Hi,

New to the forum.

I have an 11 plate Verso TR. It got broken into last week, front passenger window, and this was replaced by 'AutoGlass'

I noticed last night that I couldn't put the window down from the 'main' control on the drivers door, yet the window goes down from the button on the door iteself. This morning I noticed that the 'Lights' on the main control are flashing. All other windows open from that control without problem.

I'm waiting on AutoGlass to call me back, but I got the distinct feeling that they aren't interested....although the window was working before the break in.

I hope that makes sense and that someone can advise? Is there some sort of reset switch or something, or could it be that AutoGlass have missed a connection?

Cheers and thanks for any replies.

Fin

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

The electric windows obviously have fuses you could try to reset (location of them would be in the manual). Personally I would take the car to a dealer as you're still under warranty and Autoglass could make the problem worse if they try to 'repair' it.

Thanks mate.

You're probably right about AutoGlass.. :D

Will try the dealer.

Solved it. I found a video on YouTube of a chap resetting the electric windows by systematically going round each window, putting them down and up again......surprisingly it worked! The dealer had never heard of such a thing!!