Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption Issues

Corey_iQ2

I was thinking on how 'ianlinux' is driving it, & trying to get economy.

i thought you and me already played about with the stick David, and give it laldy.

Have a lovely Christmas all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my IQ for 12 months and have been very meticulous about recording milage and fuel usage.

From my experience I can tell you that the consumption is affected drastically when the temperature drops, in the summer I got about 10mpg more.

Rubber is porous so it will leak air out of the tyres over time, I checked my recently having had the car from a main dealer about 10 months ago and they all needed several lbs adding back in, the rolling resistance is much improved now; I know this as I "Coast and Burn" all the time when its safe to do so.

My problem is I only drive about 2 miles at a time so the engine only just gets up to temperature when I get to work / school.

In winter the engine cool light doesn't go out when I have got to work so that confirms my theory about poor comsumption in cold weather.

All cars have this problem, the answer is to pre-heat the engine before you drive it but thats tedious and the equipment is expensive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links