Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Disabling The Alarm On A Ferry

Perisher80

We have an IQ2 and are going on a cross-channel ferry and the ferry company has sent this instruction: "For the comfort of all our passengers, once you have parked on the car deck, please turn your vehicle alarm off for the duration of the crossing. If you are unsure how to do this please refer to your vehicle manual, however the advice from manufacturers is to lock your vehicle with the physical key rather than the electronic key fob, as this will prevent the motion sensors being activated in most vehicles.".

Looking through the manual I can't find any mention of motion sensors being part of the alarm system so do we have to do anything other than lock the car using the smart system as normal?

A good question

I guess you could test this by hanging something from your rear view mirror and then locking and rocking the car to see if you can set the alarm off.

The smart entry is really great but I am unsure of the implications of using the physical key. What to do in the event the Battery in the fob dies. Use the physical key to enter the car - but then what?

With a dead fob I would be extremely surprised if the car will start as normal ......

Th iQ has no internal motion sensors, You can test that by leaving a window open, locking the car and then jumping in Dukes of Hazzard style shouting Yeeee Haaaa! :)

As for motion or rocking sensors I'd hazard (See what I did there) a guess that there isn't any. I think the alarm is just activated on door sensors which will activate if you open the door, boot lid or bonnet and it also has an immobilizer that stops people driving away once they have jumped in through the window, Dukes of Hazzard style.

I think you'll be OK to just park it up and lock it as normal.

Craig.

A good question I guess you could test this by hanging something from your rear view mirror and then locking and rocking the car to see if you can set the alarm off. The smart entry is really great but I am unsure of the implications of using the physical key. What to do in the event the battery in the fob dies. Use the physical key to enter the car - but then what? With a dead fob I would be extremely surprised if the car will start as normal ......

You can start it with a dead fob, open door with key and touch the fob (logo side) to the Start button then press the button. It has some sort of induction for dead fob scenarios.

duplicate removed (again) ! doh

You can start it with a dead fob, open door with key and touch the fob (logo side) to the Start button then press the button. It has some sort of induction for dead fob scenarios.

Yay !

Great - thanks for that..... better than being stuck in a car park if the rain trying to work out what to do . I was always concerned that the only time I would know that the Battery needed replacing was when I couldn't get into the car.

Regularly changing the fob Battery is the way I guess ....

The Fob Battery change is on the service schedule, so shouldn't need to worry.

I seem to remember there being a dashboard warning light too if the Battery gets a bit low?

Craig.

Also remember if you dead lock by touching the handle twice with-in 2 seconds then when you come to open the car with the manual key , it sets the alarm off

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links