Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Without Satnav?

Tudordriver

I am soon to buy an IQ. It is likely to be an IQ3 automatic. I do not want satnav (my phone can do this) but I do want bluetooth connectivity for my phone. The local dealer is getting an IQ3 auto for me to drive and assures me that one can have bluetooth without the satnav. The brochure suggests otherwise. Is the salesman correct???

Thanks

TudorDriver

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, no idea on the current iQ3's, hopefully someone with one can tell you.

The salesman might actually be clued up on new 2013 models about to be available.

Actually sounds like he is stringing you along because he was taught that if you get them in the car, then the sale and little details like Spec can all be sorted out.

(bum on seat sales technique)

*Counter it by,

playing along right up to he thinks he has the sale, sit at the desk and get all the prices to the last penny. and then say thanks but no thanks,

be prepared to walk away, and walk away unless they cut their 'profit' to get the sale.*

If he does not actually know his stuff on the models that he sells or takes orders on or lies and bluffs,

then maybe best to buy elsewhere & tell the Manager that you are going to buy from someone else because

they do not know their product.

(you might even get an improved deal and that Sat Nav you dont need as a no cost option,

no harm in having it for when you sell the car, if it cost you no extra on purchase)

Enjoy your test drive, and treat it differently from other Automatics & with an open mind if you have never driven a CVT before.

Great cars, have fun..

Loads of new cars on the market, Citigo, Mii, Up!, taking loads of orders, (autos not available yet)

and new small Fords, Fiats, Kia that are getting ordered and getting waiting lists.

The iQ is better than all of them IMO,

but its a buyers market so bargain hard for the best deal on the Toyota.

http://www.broadspeed.com

george

There's a Toyota bluetooth kit (with the control unit down by the handbrake).

This works with the basic radio and also streams music from your phone.

The dealer can fit this before they supply you the car.

We've got one in our iQ and it works brilliantly (really clear sound at both ends of the conversation, voice recognition for commands and favourite contacts etc)

bluetooth.jpg

bluetooth hands-free system £390.77

"For the ultimate ease of use, the Toyota Bluetooth® system provides comprehensive voice recognition capabilities for operating your Bluetooth® phone*. The system links through a keypad control unit. Additional features include audio connection for enhanced sound quality and a directional microphone to maximise pick-up. Conveniently, calls transfer seamlessly between your phone and the system so you can continue a conversation even when getting in or out of your car."

Dave

Alternatively, I didn't go for the Toyota bluetooth kit at the time of buying so aftermarket went and bought a Parrot hands free kit instead. At time of buying incl loom adaptor cost about £130 for the top of the line model.

Pairs with 2 phones at the same time / syncs contact lists from primary phone / streams music.

More than happy with it and took maybe 10 minutes to fit (and I am a complete novice with electrics as well)

Si

Alternatively, I didn't go for the Toyota bluetooth kit at the time of buying so aftermarket went and bought a Parrot hands free kit instead. At time of buying incl loom adaptor cost about £130 for the top of the line model.

Pairs with 2 phones at the same time / syncs contact lists from primary phone / streams music.

More than happy with it and took maybe 10 minutes to fit (and I am a complete novice with electrics as well)

Si

Hello!

I've recently got myself an iQ and as I was too tight to go for the whole mile and like yourself, my phone can do a decent job with SatNav I hunted for alternatives.

Got the Belkin CarAudio (aka AirCast) bluetooth / Auto kit. Cost me under £45 from Amazon and it was a doddle to fit.

You get a button piece where you can place around the dash area (I put mine next to the gear stick) and I hid the wire around and under the gear lever area. It's basically a bluetooth adaptor via AUX.

It's great because it connects and work on iPhone, Android and Windows, and it plays music via bluetooth (main reason I got it for). When the phone rings, a press of button and it answers. The button acts as a mic too, with noise cancellation. No issue for people on the other side of the line.

Totally worth the money paid for.

Hi All,

I have the Parrot MKi9200 and it works very well in my IQ1, you can also play mp3's from iphone's (music streaming) as well as from both an sd card and usb memory stick and it sounds great.

I purchased the kit from Halfords for £149 plus £30 fitting but I had to get an extra lead set via eBay to connect the Parrot to the IQ's radio/wiring loom. The deal came with a £10 off voucher so all done it cost me less than £200 so it is much cheaper than the Toyota bluetooth kit which doesn't do the sd/usb etc.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi Chris

What extra lead kit did you need? I was going to buy the Parrot MKi9200 from Halfords and get them to fit it to our IQ2 coming at the end of the month.

Thanks Chris

• 4 years later...

Hi i need some help. I bought Toyota Iq2 around 3 weeks ago its 2010 model. It has sat nav and bluetooth which works ok but two problems, the bluetooth connyect to my phone but will not play my music? Also the usb port i have now been told isnt 'powerful' enough to charge my phone, in regards to the bluetooth they have told me wiring music is something its not supposed to do, i feel like they are fobbing me off as a dumb blonde. Any help asap would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

I have the same. An IQ2 2010 with the SatNav.

Mine plays music fine through bluetooth connection from my phone. Make sure you press the Audio button on the left and select 'BT' for it to use your phone as a source for audio.

The USB on the unit itself doesn't pump out enough power to charger a phone very quickly. It'll charge but slowly. I don't think it was meant for this anyways. Rather, just for data reading; such as music from a USB storage device.

• Like 1

Thank you so much! You have confirmed they probably are fobbing me off! I am so annoyed and i love the car but starting to feel ripped off as they havent checked it properly before selling, all the check lights came on after a week of having it and they said it was just a sensor now i dont trust them at all! Thank you x 

Since you've just bought the car, remember you have 6 months warranty by law that the seller must honor providing he is a dealer of some sort.

Also.. Do this check on your car.

https://forms.toyota.co.uk/recall-checker?_ga=1.166415998.1583861441.1488388012

Just to make sure all the recall work has been carried out on your car by Toyota. If it hasn't, this will flag it up and let you know then you can make an appointment with Toyota.

Regards.

53 minutes ago, Kuneha said:

Since you've just bought the car, remember you have 6 months warranty by law that the seller must honor providing he is a dealer of some sort.

No - one doesn't get six months warranty. One has the right to reject, which is different to a warranty.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 if a fault develops within the first six months, it is presumed to have been there at the time of purchase, unless the retailer can prove it wasn't. If an attempt to repair or replace as failed, one has the right to reject the goods for a full refund or price reduction (if one wishes to keep the goods). See 

• Like 1

This is more or less a warranty. Any repairs should be free and if the car cannot be repaired one is allowed their money back. I'm sure there are differences if one were to be pedantic enough to outline them but for simplicity it is easier to consider this a legal warranty.

It isn't being pedantic. As regards having one's money back, that may not be totally correct as, in respect of vehicles, the retailer is allowed to make a reduction for use after the first 30 days of ownership. 

So it isn't a warranty, it is one of several rights within the Consumer Rights Act 2015.