Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent! Feed An Amp Power Cable From Boot To Battery

toyota4me

hi guys,

i'm trying to install a basic amp/sub in my Toyota Avensis Verso. The problem is that even after taking the glove compartment off, i can't find a gap from there to feed the power cable to Battery.

Any help or photos would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Here are some photos of the glove compartment and whatever is behind it. Any ideas guys of how i can take a wire through? :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

P1030150_m.JPGP1030151_m.JPGP1030152_m.JPGP1030153_m.JPGP1030154_m.JPGP1030155_m.JPG

Come on guys! Please help me! I'm desperate and was hoping this forum would be able to provide me with an answer :(

Not sure if this is of any help - but for the official jbl sound system upgrade, the Toyota installation manual says to feed the power cable for the amp from the engine side of the firewall.

There is a rubber grommet with a bunch of wires going through it. On the auris there is also a small hole pre cut for amp power cable for the jbl sound pack.

Sorry above post about an auris, hence I ain't too sure if of any help!

Hello mate,

attached is a .pdf of the avensis wiring routing, you should find that when you lift the bonnet and look at the bulkhead firewall on the r/h side there should be 2 large grommets carrying wiring looms to the inside of the car behind the glovebox. You will need to poke your new power cable (which has an inline fuse fitted close to the Battery positive terminal) through one of the grommets and on to your power amp. I don't know what your sub power amp is but I would use 4mm cable for 30 amp current draw and 6mm cable for 40-45 amp current draw.

Regards .... Pete.

ELECTRICAL WIRING ROUTING.pdf

Hi there,

I cant help you with your project but would ask you if you can post some pics of your project once you are successful as I have recently bought a 2008 Avensis and will get the car by the weekend and would like to transfer my sub system to the new car. If you could help me then it might save me some money for getting Halfords to do it. Also if you could share how difficult was it to get the main head unit off and does the head unit have a RCA out or would I have to fit a crossover from one of the Speakers..??

Thanks

hi, its impossible to feed the cable from the glove compartment box. you ll have to feed it from the engine bay. you ll see that there is some rubber plug where all the wires pass to go inside. you ll have around 2 on it . just cut it and feed the cable through it. then you ll see the wire coming down behind the glove box. if you want i ll post some pic for later ok. ive have already installed 3 amplifiers in my car and a 5.1 surround system.

hi, its impossible to feed the cable from the glove compartment box. you ll have to feed it from the engine bay. you ll see that there is some rubber plug where all the wires pass to go inside. you ll have around 2 on it . just cut it and feed the cable through it. then you ll see the wire coming down behind the glove box. if you want i ll post some pic for later ok. ive have already installed 3 amplifiers in my car and a 5.1 surround system.

Nice!

Hi,

I recommend downloading the "Tow bar wiring kit installation guide" for your model from www.toyota-tech.eu/aim

The drawings for pulling the 12V constant cable from the Battery to the tow bar are not very clear, but I guess once you follow the instructions while at the car, you'll get the idea how it can be done.

There are LHD and RHD versions, that may be different.

Good luck.