Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid

Wh1teLeopard

Hi everyone!

Today I placed my order for a Toyota Yaris hybrid T4.

Quite excited about it!

I just wondered if anyone was aware of the less obvious differences/similarities between the hybrid and the more conventional models?

Example: Does anyone know if wheels that will fit the conventional models will fit the hybrid?

(obviously I'm not expecting any of the drive, engine or brakes to be the same etc.)

I was in my Toyota dealer for an hour today (with(out) my Aygo) and they had a normal and hybrid Yaris side by side in the showroom. The normal Yaris just said Yaris on the boot (no suffix) so not sure of the exact model, but it had alloys. The Hybrid had similar alloys. Both had the same tyres fitted (Continental Eco Contact 2 I think) and were the same size (195/50 16 if memory serves).

The normal one had drum brakes on the back, the hybrid had discs.

Hi everyone!

Today I placed my order for a Toyota Yaris hybrid T4.

Quite excited about it!

I just wondered if anyone was aware of the less obvious differences/similarities between the hybrid and the more conventional models?

Example: Does anyone know if wheels that will fit the conventional models will fit the hybrid?

(obviously I'm not expecting any of the drive, engine or brakes to be the same etc.)

Congratulations, which colour did you go for? I'm also playing the waiting game having placed my order last week. Its a Sintra Blue T Spirit and I've opted for the Nav & panoramic roof. Was very tempted by the specific to the hybrid Glacier Pearl but thought it would not be too practical when it comes to keeping the car clean.

Your T4 has 15" alloys with 175/65R15 tyres and that size is also found on the Edition, TR, T Spirit non hybrids - do you not like the car's standard alloy design?

i wonder if you can fit 14" wheels on the new yaris...

Thanks MikeSh for the info

:D

Congratulations, which colour did you go for? I'm also playing the waiting game having placed my order last week. Its a Sintra Blue T Spirit and I've opted for the Nav & panoramic roof. Was very tempted by the specific to the hybrid Glacier Pearl but thought it would not be too practical when it comes to keeping the car clean.

Your T4 has 15" alloys with 175/65R15 tyres and that size is also found on the Edition, TR, T Spirit non hybrids - do you not like the car's standard alloy design?

Thank you

:)

I originally wanted a white T-Spirit but my partner who is good enough to keep my cars clean said I wasn't allowed another white car!!! Our salesman said it would be roughly the end of September if I wanted a T-Spirit unless I wanted the one in the showroom (a silver one). He said I could have a black T4 by the end of July. So I umm'ed and arr'd for roughly 2 hours before deciding on the black T4. The Sintra blue is a lovely colour, that was going to be my second choice.

I viewed a black T4 in the car park and really liked the way the silver/blue Toyota badges work on the black cars.

I too have opted for the Nav, but obviously no panaramic roof, and I too was put off by the pearl (having already got 2 pearl cars which we've just had to have painted for the stonechips - it's too much of a worry that the paint will match afterwards).

So the black T4 was a bit of a comprimise but I don't think I'll regret the decision, I think all the hybrids are lovely and the T-Spirit would've just spoilt me too much hehe.

I may change my mind on the alloys when I get the car - I'm not planning anything drastic yet - just merely curious at the moment (plus I'm sure Toyota put a lot of thought into the wheels and their affect on the MPG - wouldn't want to ruin their hard work). This will be my first hybrid so I'm a little nervous about getting parts for it and so on, and learning about how it works, how to drive it, and how to maintain it - but I'll enjoy every minute of it - it will be an experience. I don't think I'll ever get bored of the way they pull off - no noise, no fuss, off they go!

Do you have a date for yours yet?

Thanks MikeSh for the info

:D

Thank you

:)

I originally wanted a white T-Spirit but my partner who is good enough to keep my cars clean said I wasn't allowed another white car!!! Our salesman said it would be roughly the end of September if I wanted a T-Spirit unless I wanted the one in the showroom (a silver one). He said I could have a black T4 by the end of July. So I umm'ed and arr'd for roughly 2 hours before deciding on the black T4. The Sintra blue is a lovely colour, that was going to be my second choice.

I viewed a black T4 in the car park and really liked the way the silver/blue Toyota badges work on the black cars.

I too have opted for the Nav, but obviously no panaramic roof, and I too was put off by the pearl (having already got 2 pearl cars which we've just had to have painted for the stonechips - it's too much of a worry that the paint will match afterwards).

So the black T4 was a bit of a comprimise but I don't think I'll regret the decision, I think all the hybrids are lovely and the T-Spirit would've just spoilt me too much hehe.

I may change my mind on the alloys when I get the car - I'm not planning anything drastic yet - just merely curious at the moment (plus I'm sure Toyota put a lot of thought into the wheels and their affect on the MPG - wouldn't want to ruin their hard work). This will be my first hybrid so I'm a little nervous about getting parts for it and so on, and learning about how it works, how to drive it, and how to maintain it - but I'll enjoy every minute of it - it will be an experience. I don't think I'll ever get bored of the way they pull off - no noise, no fuss, off they go!

Do you have a date for yours yet?

IMO the hybrids look great in most colours and to my eye its specific front end, blue/silver badging plus the led's front and rear really make the car. As with you this will be my first experience of a hybrid and it was the test drive that had me hooked. Not only the silence while stationary and the initial moving off but also the smooth transmission and seamless transition between the petrol engine and electric motor. I found it to be a very impressive little car with good refinement. As far as colour choice went, my heart said Glacier Pearl, my head said Silver and SWMBO said Sintra Blue - so that was that , decision made The ETA for mine is the end of this month / early August so not too long - my last new car took 7 months!

What's it like if you floor the accelerator? Has anyone taken their Yaris HSD on a country-road joyride yet??

Economy's all well and good but is it fun to drive?! :D

They are so much fun to drive - and so addictive! You want to drive it more, it's like a video game trying to score the highest MPG score using the various buttons, modes and techniques.

I wasn't very mean to the test-drive-car - I was quite keen to see how realistic the MPG figures were with the way I drive, my partner however being used to his 2.5 V6 mondeo had other ideas!!! The initial pull from a standing start is quite impressive for a 1.5 - you can feel the torque of the electric motor pulling the car. Generally acceleration was good up to 50mph, but it felt like there was less torque to give after 50mph.

According to official figures from Toyota the hybrid weighs less than my Aygo and should be around 90BHP per Ton.

As the salesman was in the car on both occasions I don't think we've seen the performance side of the Yaris Hybrid yet - but when we get ours I'm sure my partner will make sure it's all 'working fine' for me at some point - and I'll let you know the verdict.

Getting used to the various modes - when to use them - how to use them for economy/performance - will more than likely take a bit of getting used to though - that is of course, when you're not being distracted by all the pretty dials/buttons/lights hehe.

• Like 1

What's it like if you floor the accelerator? Has anyone taken their Yaris HSD on a country-road joyride yet??

Economy's all well and good but is it fun to drive?! :D

This is a decent appraisal

and this may be of interest to 'boy racers'

I'm not sure what the top video was in aid of but the bottom one was quite amusing :lol:

I was a bit worried Toyota have blunted its edge in the name of mpg, but if it has the strong instant response that I love oh so much on my D4D it'll do well. The best thing about the 1.4 D4Ds is you can drive them sensibly and get ludicrous mpg but if you want to get silly and hoon about it can do that too! I've not had that in any other car; They've either been economical and boring with no umph, or fun but thirsty as heck...

I'd love to get one of these for my Dad tho' - Not for economy or anything, just that the HSD's are IMHO the best automatics you can buy since they started phasing out torque converters. So smooth and seamless!

The only other decent auto box I've tried is the VW DSG but when that thing goes wrong the repair can easily be in the £4000 area! :eek:

According to official figures from Toyota the hybrid weighs less than my Aygo ....

Wot? Even without checking I didn't believe that.

Checking on the Toyota website gives the Aygo MMT kerb weight as 830kg and the Yaris Hybrid as 1150 kg - that's about 25% heavier.

The Aygo GVW is 1180 kg which is a bit more than the Yaris kerb, so I suspect you have mixed your rows and weights up. (Yaris Hybrid GVW is 1565 kg)

I would love a hybrid. I test drove a Prius earlier this year and was impressed. What I do like is the utter silence at lights and in traffic jams.. And the smooth and seamless gearchanges.

A Yaris hybrid would fit nicely in parking spaces...

I must be getting old :-)

You are quite right Mike, silly me!

I'm not sure what the top video was in aid of but the bottom one was quite amusing :lol:

I was a bit worried Toyota have blunted its edge in the name of mpg, but if it has the strong instant response that I love oh so much on my D4D it'll do well. The best thing about the 1.4 D4Ds is you can drive them sensibly and get ludicrous mpg but if you want to get silly and hoon about it can do that too! I've not had that in any other car; They've either been economical and boring with no umph, or fun but thirsty as heck...

I'd love to get one of these for my Dad tho' - Not for economy or anything, just that the HSD's are IMHO the best automatics you can buy since they started phasing out torque converters. So smooth and seamless!

The only other decent auto box I've tried is the VW DSG but when that thing goes wrong the repair can easily be in the £4000 area! :eek:

The first video is a sensible decent appraisal of the Yaris Hybrid, unlike those from many other so called 'hacks'. This is a very comprehensive coverage of it, with some good gallery pics http://www.netcarsho...3-yaris_hybrid/

Yes if a DSG goes wrong once out of warranty it could be expensive as could any semi automatic/automatic transmissions including CVTs. There are two types of DSG boxes normally used by VAG, a 6 speed wet type for the higher torque engines and a lighter 7 speed dry type used on lower torque engines. There are many DSG owners who have covered very high mileages without problems, I know of a taxi driver who's 2 ltr Octavia diesel DSG has done over 180,000 miles absolutely trouble free.

Can anyone please confirm if the non hybrid Yaris T Spirit's standard fit panoramic roof blind is manually or electrically operated ? I was under the impression it is manually operated but according to the Hybrid's info for the factory fitted optional one, that is electrically operated. Unlike the non hybrid Yaris, there is no standard fit one available for the Hybrid, only a factory fit option.

Quote:-

" PANORAMIC ROOF This is a fixed glass roof feature that adds light and space to the cabin. The glass can be hidden by closing the roof with an electric blind"

Finding hard to believe Toyota supply two different versions, a manual one and a powered one ?