Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuses

GRB

After using compressor in lighter socket, i blew the 15 amp micro fuse. Does anyone know where to buy other than dealer? local motor factor and Halford's (there's a surprise!) do not stock this type. They look unique to Toyota

Dont want to trail over to nearest dealer to get if at all possible

Thanks

Geoff

its a bad design by motor manufacturers for making the 15A AUX socket the same as the old cigarette lighter socket. most people would think its good for 30A. Sorry don't know haven't looked as them. can't be that expensive at MR T i wouldn't have thought

Savid

Attached is a picture showing the 3 most common automotive fuses. Toyota is using the smallest low profile type, which can be hard to find. You can use the ATM in its place, the only problem is it sticks up higher which may prevent the fuse box cover from fitting properly.

Look in the fuse box or boxes under the bonnet. Toyota often provides at least 3 spare fuses, usually off to the side of the box, as well as a small white fuse puller. Look under the fuse box cover for a legend showing where the spares are located. Also, you can sometimes pull a spare from an unused circuit. For example, my RAV4 has fuses in the sunroof, RSE (rear seat entertainment), and de-icer slots, even though my vehicle didn't come with those options.

post-70699-0-60249400-1342482416_thumb.j

Thanks for response, our local Halfords did not have in but are stocked at Rugby

I had long leg ones in garage but wont fit under cover, the puller is in engine compartment fuse box , with spares(all but 15 amp im afraid)

I am sure are cheap from Toyota but involves 40+ mile round trip for me to nearest dealer

Thanks again to all replies

Geoff

Thanks all picked up today ( she can have her satnav working again so alls well :D )

Will get some in for next time of all sizes.

What a fiddle to fit, or are my hands too big!

Thanks

Geoff

• 3 years later...
On 16/7/2012 at 1:47 AM, junebug1701 said:

Toyota is using the smallest low profile type, which can be hard to find. You can use the ATM in its place, the only problem is it sticks up higher which may prevent the fuse box cover from fitting properly.

100_0743.jpg

Hi guys,

if i want use this "ruba-corrente" for the bluetooth kit i can use the APS type?

Or it's too small in depth?

Is it better use the ATM type though i can't fit the cover?

Do you use it?

Thanks and bye, Luca.

ruba-corrente-per-fusibile-lamellare-standard-12-24v.jpg