Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum Messages

Review Your Toyota

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Toyota now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haseeb18

Turbo Diesel Intercooler

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I needed some advice regarding turbo intercoolers. I have a 55 Reg Diesel 2.0L Corolla which needs a new turbo intercooler. I have been checking on various websites and many scrap yards but have found none which are genuine Toyota that will fit my car correctly.

I ended up checking out the ones on Eurocarparts and found them going for around the £200 mark which i am willing to pay. My question is whether buying a aftermarket intercooler will affect my car in any way negatively? I know it is always best to purchase genuine parts but could i get away with fitting an aftermarket one?

Thanks

Personally i trust the big car parts places like Euro Car Parts to provide good quality pattern parts. I would have no problem at all with buying from them.

See what price toyota charge for a genuine one. In some cases they are really reasonsble with prices being only a couple of ££ different. In other cases there rediculus :rolleyes:

No problem using good pattern parts for items like this :)

Thanks for the help guys. I just came across a seller on Ebay today who sold me a genuine Toyota one for £150 :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• 2006 Corolla D4D Engine Problems
      By baskal
      Hello all, new to the forums,
      I'll just catch straight to the point.
      We've got a Corolla for repair that is giving us the errors on the attached images.
      (P2227)
      (P0236)
      After resetting the errors, they just came back and the engine had a change of sound, kind of limping.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Corolla Tsport pics & track pics, see it? wave :)
      By welsh_monty
      Hi all,
      I'm still here just been really busy. thought id show a few pics of my tsport
      been on track a few times (last time a friendly race with my mates supra f&f replica)
      looking to do more track days, maybe a trip to santa pod too, but as always she is still my daily driver.
      so if you see it about south wales, or at any car show please come say hi :)

• New(ish) Owner
      By DoctorProctor
      Hi Folks,
      I recently acquired a 1990 Corolla GL Executive 1.6 as a raffle prize. Thought joining the owners club was the right thing to do now. Car is pretty solid and seems to be mostly original, with around 95k on the clock. I've been using it to run back and forth to work and so far no technical hiccups, although I feel it may have been a bit neglected and is going in for a service on it's brakes and steering in a week or so. 
      I also own a Porsche 924S, so I'm no stranger to the joys of owning older cars. The 924 is currently on the blink (no surprise), so I'm getting a lot of use out of the Toyota.
    • Corolla 2.0 D4D cambelt questions
      By cheeseman
      Hi all,
      My wife bought a late 2006 uk reg. 2.0 diesel Corolla last week from Evans Halshaw. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any service record of a cambelt change when I understand that it should have been due (6 years / 60k miles). I'm currently waiting for Evans Halshaw to confirm if the cambelt has been changed when it was due (they're contacting Toyota) and will then take it from there, but I'm assuming, given all the paper work I have, that it has not been done when required.
      I have two questions - what is the actual life of a cambelt for this vehicle (1CD-ftv 2.0) as I have seen disputing mileage (60k or 90k) mentioned online?
      Also, how big a job would it be to change the belt - assuming I can't get Evans Halshaw to pick up the cost if it is required?  Are special tools required or is it a simple case of stripping and replacing bits.  I've done timing belts in the past for an NA MX5 and a mk3 Astra so it's only special tool requirements that would really put me off.
      Any help or advice here would be appreciated.
      Kicking myself for not checking the belt status beforehand but I kind of assumed it was a chain like most engines seem to be these days (our old Micra was a chain and I'd forgotten about any cambelt paranoia with this car)
      Thanks,

Gareth