Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic This ’N’ That On The Iq2

Dark Matter

Having chosen the IQ2 variant to get the additional goodies I thought a few comments may be in order after my first month or ownership.

Smart Entry

Faultless. The idea of using a physical key now is almost laughable. It WILL be on my next car (which as it stands at the moment will be another IQ!!!)

Auto Lights

The sensitivity of these seems to be set quite high and (to my knowledge) there is no adjustment. In practice that I find myself having to manually switch lights on during daylight rain showers when my perception is that I need my lights on and most other road users agree. Frustratingly when I put my car away (in an open fronted barn) in bright sunlight this lights come on. Driving home on Sunday evening at about 7:30 there were very bright patches of sun but quite dark shadows. This fooled the sensor completely and I spent much of the half hour journey with the lights on in bright sun light. (I stubbornly refusied to go “manual”!)

Auto Wipers

They work quite well but again there seems to be no sensitivity adjustment. The sensor is fooled by large well spaced rain drops requiring manual intervention – but in the main they are very effective and swipe instantly when, for instance, a lorry passes and sprays the screen.

Auto Climate Control

Now we seem to have clarified how it works in another thread on this forum. Again, faultless performance – although it does sometimes needs brief manual intervention to demist the screen first thing. This is something I never have to do in my SAAB which just seems to “know” what to do when the screen mists up.

What would I change?

I’ve already said that I like the IQ enough to be of a mind that I will replace it with another one.

If I were going to refresh the range and make it even more attractive I would have new “luxury” variant with a nod towards the Cygnet’s high end aspirations.

Leather seats (and trim) as standard

More Exterior/ interior colour options and combinations (a metallic black one with cream leather seats and trim....NICE )

Add a glass moon roof and/or roof colour options (like the DS3)

Have a rethink about the glove bag design and make it a fixture not an (expensive) option.

The IQ is hardly cheap but Toyota need to look again at the demographic buying these cars. They are not all people who want a “cheap” car. Many , like me, appreciate the style, design and innovation it embraces. Up to a point (that point being WELL below the Cygnet) we would be willing to pay for a small, comfortable, luxury car...... a Lexus IQ ?

Auto Lights

Sure I read in the hand book, they can be adjusted by the main dealer by hooking it up to there machine.

Wipers

There is some adjustment via the rotating switch on the stalk, I find I rarely need to manually operate them.

Auto Lights

Sure I read in the hand book, they can be adjusted by the main dealer by hooking it up to there machine.

Wipers

There is some adjustment via the rotating switch on the stalk, I find I rarely need to manually operate them.

Thanks ... I'll check that out .. I must admit I thought the rotating part of the stalk was somehow a variable intermittent delay -which I guess amounts to the same thing. My concern was more of setting a a trigger level. I'll have a play!

Having chosen the IQ2 variant to get the additional goodies I thought a few comments may be in order after my first month or ownership.

Smart Entry

Faultless. The idea of using a physical key now is almost laughable. It WILL be on my next car (which as it stands at the moment will be another IQ!!!)

Auto Lights

The sensitivity of these seems to be set quite high and (to my knowledge) there is no adjustment. In practice that I find myself having to manually switch lights on during daylight rain showers when my perception is that I need my lights on and most other road users agree. Frustratingly when I put my car away (in an open fronted barn) in bright sunlight this lights come on. Driving home on Sunday evening at about 7:30 there were very bright patches of sun but quite dark shadows. This fooled the sensor completely and I spent much of the half hour journey with the lights on in bright sun light. (I stubbornly refusied to go “manual”!)

Yep it is possibel... I have a little "Mouse-toy" on top of the sensor... now it swtches to light on in much less darker conditions.... lijke... trees and on they go... out the forest an DRL's go on....

One can adjust this also mayby with a smaal peace of black tape ... try different thicknesses..

Auto Wipers

They work quite well but again there seems to be no sensitivity adjustment. The sensor is fooled by large well spaced rain drops requiring manual intervention – but in the main they are very effective and swipe instantly when, for instance, a lorry passes and sprays the screen.

Auto Climate Control

Now we seem to have clarified how it works in another thread on this forum. Again, faultless performance – although it does sometimes needs brief manual intervention to demist the screen first thing. This is something I never have to do in my SAAB which just seems to “know” what to do when the screen mists up.

What would I change?

Yes ... the sensitivety can be changed... turn the knob left of/in the switch, anticlockwise and the sensitivety drops...turn is clockwise and sensitivety goes up. Like when a lot of rain is will go frentic in high sensability an just wipe slowly in low sensibility....just try it...

I’ve already said that I like the IQ enough to be of a mind that I will replace it with another one.

Very good thinking...

If I were going to refresh the range and make it even more attractive I would have new “luxury” variant with a nod towards the Cygnet’s high end aspirations.

Leather seats (and trim) as standard

More Exterior/ interior colour options and combinations (a metallic black one with cream leather seats and trim....NICE )

Add a glass moon roof and/or roof colour options (like the DS3)

Have a rethink about the glove bag design and make it a fixture not an (expensive) option.

I must agree... but I have this one and I am sattisfied with it...

The IQ is hardly cheap but Toyota need to look again at the demographic buying these cars. They are not all people who want a “cheap” car. Many , like me, appreciate the style, design and innovation it embraces. Up to a point (that point being WELL below the Cygnet) we would be willing to pay for a small, comfortable, luxury car...... a Lexus IQ ?

And... last but least... mine is a "mini" Lexus.... ha ha So Toyota... please rename this to a Lexus...

For PEETS sake I can buy 2 aygo's for this money.... damn...

Damn double again.... Damn double again....