Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mmt Gearbox Yet Again Flashing N In Drive Positions

tellboy

.the clutch slippin in changes to all gears

I'm no expert but if you are saying that the clutch is slipping then that could well confuse the controller and you should get that sorted first.

• 2 weeks later...

I also bought a Yaris 3 yrs ago for my daughter 6 months in problems with the auto box not selecting etc , etc , I had to pay Toyota £1440 to fit the clutch actuator, asked them to save the old one . So I could repair and sell on , guess what they threw it away , anyway 30 months later she still has it and she's done approx 20,000 miles in that time , but before going to Toyota for the repair I asked several mechanics and they wouldn't touch it , so lesson learnt will never buy another old automatic Yaris , there's is a reason they scrapped that box

In some markets Toyota continued with the MMT in the second generation Auris (December 2012 onwards), and they use a developed version in the second generation Aygo (2014 onwards) ......

Hope my new Yaris hybrid is not the same type , someone tell me it's not , please

With the 3rd generation Yaris a CVT is the auto option for non-hybrids, and an e-CVT for the hybrid.

Far better transmission than the MMT. Toyota have used CVT's since 2008 (the IQ), and now uses these in the Auris, Avensis, Yaris, etc. E-CVT's used in all Toyota hybrids.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone, had the same problem with corolla mmt today. I ll check tomorrow in the garage for more..I hope its sthg simple/cheap

I had problems with an 09 Yaris and MMT gearbox. I'll only have a car with an MMT on a PCP finance so I can give it back to them, will never buy outright.

CVT on the other hand? YES! I'll buy outright if I had the money

I found an error saying clutch position sensor false. the car is working fine so i decided to leave it until the next service as it is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dynastis, I am having the same problem

with the same error .. Did you fix it or is it still working ?

2 hours ago, Khalilmad said:

Dynastis, I am having the same problem

with the same error .. Did you fix it or is it still working ?

Hi, 

It just happened once, I erased the error code and so far so good. I didnt fix or replace anything.

Hi guys i change clutch disk and after 500 km the light flashing again,when i accelarate the light flashing n,error 810 or clutch sensor position,i think the sensor is bad,what to do

I love this,,,,too many greek friends here...

easier way is to go totoyta service for remap.

trust the toyota guys...they know that we dont want to spend money in the air

dimitri,before changing clutch disk did it go "n"? if not u need to remap...

toyota in in thessaloniki can clean-lubricate your actuator...so u dont have to replace it...

IMPORTANT:when u stop to a red light to u set gear t "n"?

when i did this disk raised temperature and gone flashin "n"...

now i never set gear to "n" in traffic lights...//// i know it should be the oposite but its true..

when u start the car mmt opens clucht even if u dont select gear,so dont go neutral...in traffic light

dont forget that every 50tkm u have to reniew clutch,actuator 

remap if u can every 10tkm<its cheap to do>

kosta i am waiting you for reply from octomber check your messages i send u my number to talk

On 29/2/2016 at 11:07 PM, kostas35 said:

I love this,,,,too many greek friends here...

easier way is to go totoyta service for remap.

trust the toyota guys...they know that we dont want to spend money in the air

dimitri,before changing clutch disk did it go "n"? if not u need to remap...

toyota in in thessaloniki can clean-lubricate your actuator...so u dont have to replace it...

IMPORTANT:when u stop to a red light to u set gear t "n"?

when i did this disk raised temperature and gone flashin "n"...

now i never set gear to "n" in traffic lights...//// i know it should be the oposite but its true..

when u start the car mmt opens clucht even if u dont select gear,so dont go neutral...in traffic light

dont forget that every 50tkm u have to reniew clutch,actuator 

remap if u can every 10tkm<its cheap to do>

Check your messages kosta

• 9 months later...

Hi

my car has the same issue in roundabouts and junctions. I have replaced the actuator motor as reported by my mechanic to  no avail. Now the recommendation is to replace all the actuator. 

Did you guys manage to solve the issue?  (Similar to dimitris_28 and kostas35 )

Is it the sensor problem? Can it be solved only with the sensor replacement?

I found one in eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Throttle-Position-Sensor-OEM-89457-52010-For-Toyota-Aygo-Auris-With-Warranty-/252679159491?hash=item3ad4d9fec3:g:LcsAAOSwXyVYJ0zD&vxp=mtr

Although it seems to be a problem of heat, because only when in a urban road environment with many junctions and start and stop traffic lights I encounter this problem. I guess there is heat build up due to gear change and this causes the problem. If replacing this sensor solves the issue, how does the temperature sensing change?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

On 28/12/2016 at 8:46 PM, bubi6466 said:

my car has the same issue in roundabouts and junctions. I have replaced the actuator motor as reported by my mechanic to  no avail. Now the recommendation is to replace all the actuator. 

Did you guys manage to solve the issue?  (Similar to dimitris_28 and kostas35 )

Is it the sensor problem? Can it be solved only with the sensor replacement?

Unfortunately for the MMT gearbox, it is always difficult to single out the cause of the problem. Some people managed to fix it (temporally) with a clutch replacement, some the actuator, some with both. My one ran for around 10000mile after adjusting the actuator push rods and gearbox reset, then it came back to haunt me until I sold my car. It is such a common problem that Toyota should offer free services to fix it before anything bad happens.

• 2 months later...

I see many friends from Greece here. This is Spyros  from Greece too and I have a problem that seems to be like the others I read here. The only difference with me is that my gearbox after the 2nd gear is not going to the 3d but it's like the gear  goes out and I must pull my leg from the right pedal until the gearbox choose the 2nd again or sometimes the 4th. All these things  happens when I am not pulling my leg at the changes of gears. If I am pulling the leg to the changes and go slowly then the gear  goes to the 3d normally.

Please, if anyone has any news for this please send me an email to discuss it. My email is that:

paidaros74@gmail.com

Thank you very very much. I still hope to find solution

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2008 Yaris SR with just over 100,000 and the MMT needed replacing. Replacing it via Toyota is obviously too expensive. I am not much on mechanics, but my local man has sent it to a company called Sinspeed who claim to be able to repair it. Anybody used them as I am awaiting the fix.

No experience of them, but seem to have mixed reviews on the web ......

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem with 2008 yaris VVT-i. When on traffic and stop the car, sometimes "N" start flashing and transmission red light go on. I should turn off the car for 4-5 minutes so that the transmission red light go off and drive normally.

I'm very confused and i will  appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance !

12 hours ago, Kristaq said:

I have the same problem with 2008 yaris VVT-i. When on traffic and stop the car, sometimes "N" start flashing and transmission red light go on. I should turn off the car for 4-5 minutes so that the transmission red light go off and drive normally.

I'm very confused and i will  appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you in advance !

Sounds like the familiar problem with the old MMT gearbox. If you search around in the Aygo forum, there is a long list of threads describing the same problem that you have.

I sold my old 107/Aygo for the same reason. The problem may come from several places of the MMT gearbox. 1. the actuator, 2. the wearing of the clutch 3. The MMT ECU, 4 the gearbox itself 5. Your Battery is dying. You simply cannot stop for a few minutes in the traffic just to restart it, it gave me tremendous amount of stress while I was on the road the the car.

From what I read from other owners' experiences, changing the whole actuator + clutch unit might fix the problem, but it will eventually comes back because of the wear and tear.

• Like 1